Hacking Error 001 and 002 dont come up in generic wii patcher?

hes12342

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why on some games which DO have error 001 and 002 not come up in generic wii patcher?

e.g when trying to patch both errors on red steel 2 using generic wii patcher 1.2, neither of the errors show up, but when i try to play them error 001 detection comes up or error 002?

or could it just be a bad rip of the game?

hes12342

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
longtom1 said:
new type of 001 and 002 protection which generic wii patcher will not find most loaders(neogamma) have the new 001 and 002 fix intergrated

Thanks for the quick response but I have neogamma r8 and when I insert red steel 2 it comes up with error 001

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
001 is mostly an issue nowadays for bad modchips. If you need to patch it because of your modchip, get cIOSrev7, yes 7.

longtom1 said:
new type of 001 and 002 protection which generic wii patcher will not find most loaders(neogamma) have the new 001 and 002 fix integrated

001 error is something completely for the IOS/cIOS. The game tries to read data that would be on the 2nd layer, if the game _was_ a DL game. Most old modchips and old cIOS return something wrong in this case and the game know that something is wrong. At the moment all loaders and do is the crappy main.dol patch which is the same as Generic Wii Patcher does.

002 error is handled "correctly" from NeoGamma(from the current point of view) by faking the information in memory which IOS is loaded. Which doesn't help IOS Version patched IOS Reloading games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1