Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Been using my PS Vita quite a lot recently and I noticed something...concerning. At night when Im playing whatever and a black loading screen comes up, I see what looks to be evidence of a cracked screen underneath the touchscreen. I can't really get an image to show you guys, but here is what it basically looks like:
ip5avb.jpg

(just pretend those red streaks are black and it's on the screen not the touchscreen >.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At first I was gonna go "Wow, that's awful, I've never heard of anyone getting red splotches on their screens!"

But my guess is just typical scratches from usage. I'm just taking a shot in the dark though. I haven't noticed any of this on my system.

Still, if it's not noticeable a majority of the time, then there doesn't seem to be a huge issue. You may just want to consider buying a warranty on the store if you feel like it could be worse.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Not really sure about the PS Vita, but I've seen it happen on my mom's phone (Droid 2) when using the camera, and not having good enough lighting (So basically blackness on the screen). It looks like little ink blotches almost. It's most likely just because it's dark...Not really sure how to explain it technically, but that's probably it, cause once there's something other than darkness on the screen, the dark spots go away.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
At first I was gonna go "Wow, that's awful, I've never heard of anyone getting red splotches on their screens!"

But my guess is just typical scratches from usage. I'm just taking a shot in the dark though. I haven't noticed any of this on my system.

Still, if it's not noticeable a majority of the time, then there doesn't seem to be a huge issue. You may just want to consider buying a warranty on the store if you feel like it could be worse.
It's not on the touchscreen, it's on the screen underneath it. Also, it's more like the ink you see when you crack a screen than scratches which is why I was worried...

masterchan777

Trophies
XP
Country
This is called OLED MURA which is a common issue with OLED screens, almost every PSVita has this issue, and it can also be observed on other OLED devices (e.g. mobile phones), I have spoken with Sony about this issue and they confirmed that it's pretty normal and should not affect the overall experience, it's only noticeable in very low-light situations and only when the screen is displaying pure black images.

torn_screen_demo_web1.jpg

original2.jpg

295155d1330068480-ps-vita-thread-part-5-psv-screen-mura.jpg

Un4tural

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah i get those too, though i believe patterns seem to be different on different games, like they are using some black on blacker background images :)

anyways, it doesn't affect anything other than black screens, but hey atleast if vita develops a black screen of death, you can still enjoy the piece of random art.

i seem to be 1/10000000000000 that got a faulty vita on launch, was damn disappointed - had a blue vertical line across the screen... that was way worse than this. can totally live with black on blacker blacks.

Reactions: 1 person

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to prevent this issue? Like settings I should use? I've been keeping my Vita at the lowest brightness if that helps at all.

For the record I haven't seen this at all yet on mine and I've been using it a couple hours a day (at least) since I got it last week.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Is there anyway to prevent this issue? Like settings I should use? I've been keeping my Vita at the lowest brightness if that helps at all.

For the record I haven't seen this at all yet on mine and I've been using it a couple hours a day (at least) since I got it last week.
It's not an issue, it's the downside of OLED. Keeping it at low brightness won't change a thing.
yeah i get those too, though i believe patterns seem to be different on different games, like they are using some black on blacker background images
:unsure: My pattern is the same every time I notice it.

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's only noticeable if the Vita is on and showing a black screen - like most games loading screens. Whenever something is actually shown you won't notice a thing.

I'm not really sure, as I've only been playing one game lately, but I think my pattern varies depending on the game as well. 8)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it