Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
OP
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Old OS updates you can simply extract to the SD card and it works. EOS doesn't seem to work like this. Extracted the content to the SD root, nothing, still old OS. No readme around in any shape telling how to get the EOS working. Found also nothing on the net looking for it.

So how do you use EOS on SDONE ( SDHC version )?

PonchotheHonchkr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open the DSONE_SDHC_Evolution folder, open the en folder in that, and put the _dsone folder and the SCFW.SC file on the root of the SD card. That should work for you.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hoverlord Nadrian said:
tattar8 said:
Do what the previous poster said, you also have to delete MSFORSC.NDS
Uh... no? You can keep everything, just put the contents of the en folder on the root of your card.
The SC won't load EOS unless MSFORSC.nds isn't there...I spent an hour figuring out why the old OS kept loading before I renamed it to OLDOS.nds

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tattar8 said:
The SC won't load EOS unless MSFORSC.nds isn't there...I spent an hour figuring out why the old OS kept loading before I renamed it to OLDOS.nds
Well, there's this post in the thread 2 below this one
blink.gif

Uncle FEFL said:
QUOTE(sudeki300 @ Feb 16 2010, 11:36 AM) i know that the supercard ds one can run a few firmware's / operating systems and was wondering as anyone got the old style supercard firmware and the new evo firmware / operating system running on the same card. i suppose it would be done the same way as the others with certain button presses while booting up the ds. if anyone could let me know if this has been done or how to do this i would be greatfull
Yes it can. Just put both firmware's on it. You'd launch EOS (autoboot), and then click on MSFORSC.nds to get into the old OS. To go back into the EOS, just soft reset.

Snappo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
Hoverlord Nadrian said:
tattar8 said:
Uh... no? You can keep everything, just put the contents of the en folder on the root of your card.

Weird, I can load EOS on start up with MSFORSC still on the root of my SD card.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
tattar8 said:
Hoverlord Nadrian said:
tattar8 said:
I have no idea how this could happen but anyone with a DSone(i) will say it IS possible. SCFW.SC gets priority in loading.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the beta versions of EOS you couldn't have both firmwares on the same card. This was later changed before release, so it should be possible now.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hoverlord Nadrian said:
DanTheManMS said:
With the beta versions of EOS you couldn't have both firmwares on the same card. This was later changed before release, so it should be possible now.
I could with the first beta...
DanTheMan received older BETA's. Ones that aren't released to the public. I think he's saying that only on the really old BETA's no one was able to have both firmwares on it.

joedanger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As FEFL mentions, DanTheMan was one of the beta testers and initially having both OS wasn't possible, but it was fixed in the 18/01/10 beta (mentioned as Multi-OS support), this was before the first public beta was released.
But now it's possible to have both OS, EOS scfw.sc file has priority over msforsc.nds. It also works with Bliss triple loader, and it's also possible to both other OS files (like TTDS or Moonshell).

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Could you post the layout of your card? Maybe there's a file with a wrong name, or something like that?

Otherwise, rename MSFORSC.NDS in OldOS.nds (you can use any name, just not MSFORSC.NDS) and try again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: