ROM Hack [English Patch] Prince of Tennis Motto Gakuensai no Oujisama

kass

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much for all your hard work! The whole team did a fantastic job on this translation! If you ever plan to tackle Dokidoki Survival, I'll definitely want to partake in that.

I know it's late but if anyone is having trouble with the sound in DesMume, change your sound settings to the attached image! It should get rid of the crackling sound! I hope this helps you guys!

Attachments

• desmume sound settings.png
    desmume sound settings.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 444

Furako

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm getting stuck. I can't find the ROM file? Or I probably found it but I didn't know? How is it supposed to look like? I don't know if it's there, can someone help?

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting stuck. I can't find the ROM file? Or I probably found it but I didn't know? How is it supposed to look like? I don't know if it's there, can someone help?
This is the original Japanese game's release thread. Try to Google with the game name or the file name.
*Edited: Seems like the link doesn't work anymore, so I deleted it.

Last edited by jjjewel,

Furako

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay so I've tried that and it doesn't work at all or problems occur. (I'm just stuck on the Drag and Drop clean ROM here)

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I've tried that and it doesn't work at all or problems occur. (I'm just stuck on the Drag and Drop clean ROM here)
Here's a page with instructions;
https://sites.google.com/site/otomeundercover/patching-instructions

My guesses;
1. Is your ROM still in .rar or .zip format? If so, unrar/unzip it. (With winzip, winrar, or 7zip.)
2. Your ROM might not be the correct version. (You'll get "Invalid Input ROM" error.)

If you still need help, please give more details. Ex. The error message you get, your computer's operation system (or if you're trying to patch it using other devices, etc.)

The download link on the first post also has an alternative method to patch the game with xdelta patch if you can't run LightPatcher.

Furako

Trophies
XP
Country
So I get everything but when it gets up to the " locate your .iso for PSP ISO or .nds in case of DS ROM " I've tried looking for it but I can't find it

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I get everything but when it gets up to the " locate your .iso for PSP ISO or .nds in case of DS ROM " I've tried looking for it but I can't find it
You need a ROM then. Go back to a few posts back where I posted the release thread. That's where you should start. Use the game name or file name to search for it. It's against the forum's rules to provide ROM, so this thread only provide the patch.

Read this for more details if you don't know what a ROM is.
https://sites.google.com/site/tokimemogs1/mini-faqs#TOC-What-are-Rom-Flash-Cart-Emulator-etc.
Note: This page is another game's FAQs but the basics are the same.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should have linked to the getting started at romhacking 101, lol. :P
Nah, I don't think that will work. People who came to request for translation usually don't have the patience to read it. ^_^"

Anyway, I'm always clear about what I want or don't want to translate and what I can or can't translate, so I usually give immediate answer when someone requests any translations. I might sound mean or cold but I think it's better than giving people false hope for things I know very well I'm not going to work on.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why, but I can't find a version of the game that works with the english patch?
Does it mean you couldn't find the game at all, or you found one but it didn't work? Please specify the problem(s) you encountered. (Ex. the patching program didn't work, or you patched it but the patched game didn't work, etc.)

cli0814

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it mean you couldn't find the game at all, or you found one but it didn't work? Please specify the problem(s) you encountered. (Ex. the patching program didn't work, or you patched it but the patched game didn't work, etc.)

I found a bunch of versions, but none of them worked with the patch. I would drag the clean ROM to patching program, but I got the Invalid Input ROM message every time.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a bunch of versions, but none of them worked with the patch. I would drag the clean ROM to patching program, but I got the Invalid Input ROM message every time.
First things to check:
- What is the file extension? It should be .nds. (If you have it as .zip, .7z, .rar, unzip it first.)
- What is the file size? It should be exactly 256 MB.
If your file(s) fail to meet these 2 criteria, you got the wrong one. Try to search with the keyword "Prince of Tennis Motto Gakuensai no Oujisama More Sweet Edition". It shouldn't be that hard to find.

cli0814

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First things to check:
- What is the file extension? It should be .nds. (If you have it as .zip, .7z, .rar, unzip it first.)
- What is the file size? It should be exactly 256 MB.
If your file(s) fail to meet these 2 criteria, you got the wrong one. Try to search with the keyword "Prince of Tennis Motto Gakuensai no Oujisama More Sweet Edition". It shouldn't be that hard to find.

I fiddled around with it a bit and used your suggestions. Finally got it to work. :) Thanks for helping me out. I also stumbled upon your Youtube account and have been busy watching some of your videos while trying to figure this whole thing out.

R_Ikubo

Trophies
XP
Country
Equatorial Guinea
First of all, I'd like to say thank you for this. I have been searching for an English patch for a long time after only being able to muddle through the original with walkthroughs. I have been unable to get this to work for me though. I recently reset my computer and had not bothered to retry GakuPuri since then, but I downloaded the latest DSmuMe and the patch & original and nothing shows up after selecting the rom with the emulator. The only real difference between my computer now is that my video card is gone and has not been replaced yet. I have no idea what to do to fix it.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the latest DSmuMe and the patch & original and nothing shows up after selecting the rom with the emulator. The only real difference between my computer now is that my video card is gone and has not been replaced yet. I have no idea what to do to fix it.
I'm not knowledgeable about computer, but I believe your computer needs a video card to display graphics. You can try to run other games with DesMuMe and see if any of them work. If none works, it means your current computer probably can't run the program without a video card. You need to get it fixed. (Just search some computer forum/website to see how to fix it, or ask a computer or hardware store in your area what you need to do to install a new video card.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: