Hacking End game?

hamzie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I hate those people who read those warning signs (about your wii being bricked if you dont use the apps. properly) and still proceed because they go ..ye ye.. i know what im doing

well i have just become one of those people
frown.gif

when i found out my jap wii can be converted to a pal one.. i got so excited...!

i followed this guide which told me to use these apps

/apps/cios37/boot.dol
/apps/downgrader/boot.dol
/apps/region_changer/boot.dol
/apps/anyregion_changer/boot.dol
/apps/channelremover/bool.elf
/ IOS37-64-v2070.wad

blah blah so i did everything that was asked and i got what i wanted and followed this

Go to Wii Setting, select update Wii in page 3, wait for it to complete. After restart the Wii, go to page 3,
select Language is English and Country is Australia. Click OK for the User Agreement. Everything will
be in English, even News and Forecast channel now were return.

i then downgraded my wii to 3.2E because.. well.. i thought it'd make things easier

i then realized that my discs werent being read .. i thought it'd be because of my wiikey being set to 1.9s JAP

i inserted the wiikey 1.9s PAL.. but again not being read

config disc.. read... but i think after i click start.. the wii turns off.. i mean the green light is there.. but the tv just says COMPONENT CHANNEL..

so then i go ahh maybe i should convert it back to jap... and then update it

i convert it back to jap.. still not working

only gamecube game types (like the wiikey config disc) were being read..

then... probably my biggest mistake

i go Ahhhhh LETS FORMAT THE WII.. ill start over

... format

instead of starting all over i have been formatted to 3.2E

homebrew channel is gone... i cant install it because disc isnt being read.. i tried auto boot on the hbc iso and that didnt work

again only those gamecube type discs are being read.. but same problem with the config disc

so.. after all that.. is it game over?

any chance to fix my massive screw up??

Thank you for atleast reading this long story of mine
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well if you are at 3.2 that means you can run the homebrew_channel_installer.iso wich can be downloaded at the official page, but don't get why the people get these problem, there was one guy who already post this about not being able to read his games, why..?? dunno..!!
huh.gif

hamzie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ive already tried switching the cables

didnt work

i dont have any gc items.. the only memory card attached is the sd one

hamzie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
but to run preloader i need hbc
frown.gif

since only discs that boot up as GC are being read.. are there any hbc isos which boot up as gc?

or there is a hbc .dol file for installation

any software which can boot .dol files so i can install hbc

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
hamzie said:
but to run preloader i need hbc
frown.gif

since only discs that boot up as GC are being read.. are there any hbc isos which boot up as gc?

Wouldn't be possible as far as I know cause when yout boot a GC game it disables all non-GC related hardware like the SD slot, usb ports, bluetooth and infrared

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
hamzie said:
the most annoying part is the config disc not loading properly
frown.gif

Ever tried the rescue/recovery disc? Those are not region coded so they should work...

http://www.eurasia.nu/modules.php?name=New...le&sid=2040

ps: probably hamzie changed the game region to pal which now clashes with the chip's ntsc-j region... and used the standard anyregion changer which doesn't introduce any game region patching into the system menu... can you confirm hamzie?

hamzie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes i was just trying the rescue disk.. doesnt work.. weird but the wiikey 1.9s disk doesnt work either

u think getting a new wiikey modchip for pal consoles will fix this?

ive tried original ntsc-j and pal games .. they dont work
tried burnt as well..

yes i used anyregion changer to make it pal.. then i used the downgrader to make the firmware an E one instead of J one

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to hear your troubles.

Not much of an expert on this but was wondering......

If you remove the modchip, does the Wii load original discs ?

If we could eliminate modchip failure as a reason to not boot up discs it may give some of the softmod guru's a clearer picture perhaps ?

Anyway, hope someone helps you fix it soon

hamzie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thx ramboz

but i think the originals should still load even if the modchip was screwed up

im trying jinx's solution right now.. if it doesnt work might as well try remove the chip

edit

the wad manager doesnt load
frown.gif

if one of you copy HBC to an sd card.. and say u put sd card in pc... and transfer that hbc channell.. i download it.. put it in my sd blah blah

will thta work
?

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hamzie said:
thx ramboz

but i think the originals should still load even if the modchip was screwed up

im trying jinx's solution right now.. if it doesnt work might as well try remove the chip

edit

the wad manager doesnt load
frown.gif

if one of you copy HBC to an sd card.. and say u put sd card in pc... and transfer that hbc channell.. i download it.. put it in my sd blah blah

will thta work
?

No that will not work because the ticket or something makes that file correspond only to that person's Wii that it came from. If you can get some kind of WAD Manager to work though, that is a wad of the HBC someone posted on the last page.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Your wii will not load any wii discs period.
Because, your modchip patches every wii disc you insert to region ntsc-j and since your system menu is configured to use pal discs (game region in anyregion changer)

Solutions are various, the only solution that you can do without assist with another drive is
1. Desoldering the modchip
2. Using original zelda to install homebrew channel (pal one)
3. Changing the game region to ntsc-j
4. Resoldering the modchip, now your chip will function as normal... you can use it's config discs and stuff to configure it to pal region, then you can change the game region of the system menu with anyregion changer...

I don't think desoldering and soldering the modchip is a good idea, if I were you I would have bought a flatmii, hook my wii to my pc and install homebrew channel and do the steps 3,4 without doing any soldering/desoldering.... Alternatively you can use a pal configured modded drive or an unmodded drive to do the job...

The simplest is flatmii I think, you can sell it later with some $5-$10 less value... you don't need to fully mod your wii with flatmii, you can do the job while your wii's guts are open... after you install homebrew channel you're done with that..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs