Hacking Question Encrypted BFSTM files in Splatoon 2 v3.0.0 update?

bakku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey everyone, I need some assistance with this issue
The Splatoon 2 v3.0.0 update introduced new music files (.bfstm), some of which seem to be encrypted?

For example, "Env_Sea.bfstm" does not have a FST header and I haven't been able to play it nor convert it to other formats. Is it possible to decrypt and/or convert this encrypted file?
Also interestingly, some new files do have a FST header but they'll play corrupted audio (garbage noise), for example "LastKing_BeforeDemo_Audience.bfstm" and "Ditch_BaseNoise00.bfstm".

I'm not sure if these files are encrypted or they are a completely new type. I've also been unable to open some SZS files because they have no Yaz0 header, where as in the original 1.0.0 dump they had it.
Thanks~

Last edited by bakku,
D

Deleted-442439

The Splatoon 2 v3.0.0 update introduced new music files (.bfstm), some of which seem to be encrypted?

For example, "Env_Sea.bfstm" does not have a FST header and I haven't been able to play it nor convert it to other formats. Is it possible to decrypt and/or convert this encrypted file?
Also interestingly, some new files do have a FST header but they'll play corrupted audio (garbage noise), for example "LastKing_BeforeDemo_Audience.bfstm" and "Ditch_BaseNoise00.bfstm".

I'm not sure if these files are encrypted or they are a completely new type. I've also been unable to open some SZS files because they have no Yaz0 header, where as in the original 1.0.0 dump they had it.
I attached the files in question if someone can help me with this :3
Thanks~

Ehm, I am 90% sure distributing that is against the forum rules?

bakku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Even if they are corrupted and/or encrypted etc. it is still considered intellectual property. Regardless they are not encrypted, asked a Reswitched team member, perhaps you just have a bad dump?
During my research I came across a thread that also has stream files attached so I thought it'd be OK (BARS extractor for BOTW thread)

And nope, the dump is OK. Asked a friend who also has his own dump and he's having the same issue. I'm curious as to why these files can't be opened with the current tools, if anyone can take a look at them

pinkupi13

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yes some of the szs files are encrypted now beyond yaz0, i haven't heard of stuff like that though, i don't think they'd be edited

Reactions: KiiWii

ZoNtendo

Trophies
XP
Country
they are probably decrypted when loaded to RAM, like the ogg of Nintendo's mobile games.

So it should be pretty easy to dump them from the RAM.

SimonMKWii

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Thanks~
Umm, yeah, my bad, turns out when I released the extracted files in that forum, I accidentally used the EUR NCA, when I meant to use the USA version.
If you extract the NCA using the USA game as base, all files are fine.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually, I'll do a reupload with the non-corrupted files.
I can't share it here obviously, you will be able to find it in the same place you got it originally.

bakku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Umm, yeah, my bad, turns out when I released the extracted files in that forum, I accidentally used the EUR NCA, when I meant to use the USA version.
If you extract the NCA using the USA game as base, all files are fine.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually, I'll do a reupload with the non-corrupted files.
I can't share it here obviously, you will be able to find it in the same place you got it originally.
Thanks mate!! :) I'll try it
I used the ver3.0 NCA you uploaded with the USA 1.0.0 base, these files seem to be the only ones I can't open.

Last edited by bakku,

bakku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I reuploaded the extracted files too by the way, 100% decrypted and ready to use!
Yes thanks, the music files are fine now^^

Now for the next issue, has anyone figured out how to open the "CommonMsg_USen.szs" and the rest of the Message .szs files? These don't seem to be Yaz0

pinkupi13

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
no but i found out that in most of the ones i checked they had a plaintext 'nisasyst' at the end that's the only thing they all (least far as i checked) share

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr