Enchanted Folk wifi with R4

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by regnad, Mar 16, 2009.

Mar 16, 2009

Enchanted Folk wifi with R4 by regnad at 10:36 PM (1,872 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. regnad
    OP

Member regnad Button Masher

Japan
    Enchanted Folk as-is doesn't run on an R4, but with the MaxCrass arm7 replacement methos it runs just fine.

That is until you try to use wifi.

Anyone found a solution for this?

I read somewhere that using the arm7 file from the Euro version Bomberman 2 solves the problem. Anyone tried this?

2. Daniellogic

Newcomer Daniellogic Member

Colombia
    It works with the pach of bomberman 7, or loading it with Ysmenu, the cheat posted on the main page, and a clean rom.

3. regnad
    OP

Japan
    Excuse the dumb questions, but: clean ROM meaning without any patch? which main page is the cheat posted to? what is Ysmenu?

4. regnad
    OP

Japan
    Okay, a search of this forum turned up some answers for me.

Ysmenu seems like a lot of trouble for just this, and it seems like it doesn't like some other games (FFIV for example), so it's a trade-off.

Another poster says that with the Bomberman 2 arm7 file the game reformats saved data every time it loads up -- is this true? (topic here: http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=140877 )

Has anyone gotten wifi to work on an R4 for this game without completely replacing the firmware for the R4? Please let us know if you've had success!

Thanks!!

5. Zane

Member Zane Ace Wizard

Sweden
    My game works flawlessy on my r4 1.18

I just used arm7 file from Bomberman 2 (E)

Got wifi working without any problems.

6. Daniellogic

Newcomer Daniellogic Member

Colombia
    You dont have to totally replace the firmware, just install Ysmenu as any other game x[, start it only when you need to play the newest games and stick with the old 1.18 for the normal ones, there are a lot of options of installing Ysmenu in R4YSauto, like installing it instead of moonshell, or make it a firmware, etc.

7. regnad
    OP

Japan
    I replaced the arm7 with the one from Bomberman 2, and the wifi works just fine on my R4. Thanks for the tip, though.

I've got to say, also, I tried out DSBuff to exchange the arm7 instead of DSLazy, and my goodness this app is much much more convenient. DSBuff is the way to go!

8. Zane

Member Zane Ace Wizard

Sweden
    Really? DZlasy is as easy as it can get. Unpack rom, change file, repack file. O.o

9. lemongrassk

Newcomer lemongrassk Newbie

Australia
    Does it matter which Bomberman 2 it is? Like EUR or US or whatever? (If there is any)

10. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Bomberman 2 is only out in Europe.