• Emunand

Votes: 135 52.7%

• Total voters

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EmuNAND for now. Just knowing that I've owned my 3DS enough that I could use sysNAND is enough for me. No rush to actually do the switch.

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Since my goal was getting everything in my sysNAND and having it updated to get to eShop, this is perfect, one thing i don't understand is people saying that if you get accidentally updated your sysNAND you're more safe with having an emuNAND, but hey, if i ACCIDENTALLY update sysNAND I STILL have everything (not pirate OFC) available on my sysNAND, and i can still play it whenever i want, with emuNAND, if you want to get it back, you must hardmod or wait for a new exploit.
So, IMO, sysNAND CFW is best, ever.

Reactions: Quantumcat

d4mation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

looks like someone already ported ctrBootManager

Woah, people really aren't kidding about faster boot times. That's insane.

So from what I understand, A9LH can be set up to utilize EmuNAND via AuReiNAND, right? Really going to need to get around to doing this. That 100% boot rate...

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Everyone can say it will never get overwritten but you can't really say that. Nintendo hasn't tried yet, they could find a way around the patch. Sure you can use your sysnand but I would be cautious for now.

As for bootmanagers bootctr9 is also available

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
I doubt anyone can say that with 100% confidence. No offence to anyone but this isn't Dark Alex providing the protection. There's no reason to assume its always going to be perfectly safe.

Even Dark_AleX can't offer 100% confidence that it going to be perfectly safe, unless it uses a arm9 kernel exploit (I dunno if A9LH uses a kernel exploit, I only know that give us access to the arm9 kernel)

Doesn't matter in any case, devs already have the arm9 kernel, and as far as I know, there is a lot exploits in there xD So... Nintendo already lost the 3DS(Old/New)/2DS, only a new version with a new hardware could fix these kernel exploits

Last edited by Gray_Jack,

Faolan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was under the impression that if you updated sysnand while a9lh was installed and firm1/0 are locked it would be fine as long as the cfw supported it. If it didn't then it would black screen like emunand and you'd have to downgrade with decrypt9-anlh.

After all it's a cfw being booted, kind of like emunand. Nintendo never found a way to force installs to sysnand through emunand so shouldn't it be the same with a9lh?

Last edited by Faolan,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was under the impression that if you updated sysnand while a9lh was installed and firm1/0 are locked it would be fine as long as the cfw supported it. If it didn't then it would black screen like emunand and you'd have to downgrade with decrypt9-anlh.

After all it's a cfw being booted, kind of like emunand. Nintendo never found a way to force installs to sysnand through emunand so shouldn't it be the same with a9lh?
The FIRM protection in AuReiNand can't stop someone accidentally restoring a 10.6 emuNAND backup to sysNAND. I'm pretty sure in that case the user would be SOL. So yeah, it's safe-ish but not foolproof. As silly as it may sound it's actually not that hard to make that sort of mistake.

Faolan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The FIRM protection in AuReiNand can't stop someone accidentally restoring a 10.6 emuNAND backup to sysNAND. I'm pretty sure in that case the user would be SOL. So yeah, it's safe-ish but not foolproof. As silly as it may sound it's actually not that hard to make that sort of mistake.

True, but people should store their sys and emunands separately and label them :P

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Your NAND will not boot until CFW devs update it to work with the latest FIRM. If you're feeling impatient, flash an older NAND backup, almost the same way you'd do on emuNAND.
This is the bit that has me sticking with EmuNAND. I don't want my 3DS to become unusual because I cannot find a NAND backup that I made ages ago.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the bit that has me sticking with EmuNAND. I don't want my 3DS to become unusual because I cannot find a NAND backup that I made ages ago.
Er... ok?

You're 3DS will still be unusable if what I said happens .-. As it applies to both emuNAND and sysNAND.

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emunand, safer and in case of nintendo pull an update who can erease A9LH (i don't know if it's possible)
arm9loaderhax is unfixable once you dump your OTP its a wrap. Sure nintendo can erase the hack if you update the firmware but you still have the OTP which you can compile the hack again and flash it. Having a nand mod is extremely important if your running arm9loaderhax imo All we need now is bootromhax then we can really see nintendo have a heart attack

Last edited by andre104623,
Reactions: Halvorsen

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Emunand most definitely. The only way I'm using aureinand+arm9loaderhax is if nintendo manages to block emunand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la