Roxerism

Trophies
XP
Country
So this is hard to explain
I got a system with CFW
I installed it with SD Card A
SD Card A is really small and can't do what I want it to do
Can I transfer the emunand from SD Card A to SD Card B?

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
If that's true, then why do many wine users have problems with THIS application? Wine's not an emulator, so it won't work on this file.
And why won't it? I haven't seen a single post about issues. Install mono. VB 2005, and C++ tools.

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I get this error while trying to back up my emunand.

F3Pp9b3.png

I already check my card and computer, there isn't any problem at all (The card is fully open and no protection, the computer doesn't run anything relate to that card at all.)

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I use your tool, while useing Themehax as an enrty point, to extract my emunand, then pull all files off sd to computer. Would I be able to transfer the emunand to a new 200gb sd with files and maintain my Themehax entry to CFW?

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey GBATemp.net members, :lol:

my first version of the emuNAND Tool is finished.
Thank you to all my beta testers! (5rg, AgoraphobicNosebleed, DAHU75, Gildoniel, hashcheck1, mvmiranda)

About the tool:
This tool can be used to extract the NAND file from a emuNAND SD card and to inject a NAND file into the emuNAND SD card.
The extracted NAND file is a fully working 3DS NAND file and is also flashable to the 3DS.
If you want to flash the emuNAND to your 3DS, you will need to do a hardware modification. (nand flash dump (3ds xl) / NAND Flash Dump (3DS))
This is NOT needed if you only want to backup/modify your emuNAND.

Supported emuNANDs: Gateway and clones like R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe Edition, 3DS Link, Orange 3DS, MT Card

The emuNAND SD gets detected automatically!
To inject a NAND file, the SD card has to already contain an emuNAND partition.

What is NOT possible?
This tool does not enable you to magically use the Gateway (and clones) on a non 4.x system version.
You can't inject games.
You can't flash the Gateway mode to the 3DS.
You can't modify the firmware (no region bypass, backups,...).
You can't extract any keys.
You can't downgrade your 3DS with this tool. It only modifies the emuNAND on your SD card.
You can't use a NAND from another 3DS on your 3DS.

Usage examples:
  • You updated your emuNAND to a version which is not supported by the Gateway (or clone) and want to go back to an old version.
=> Extract the emuNAND each time you update it. You can then switch the emuNAND version by injecting the backup.​

• Your emuNAND is on the latest version, but the Gateway (or clone) does not support the eshop of this system version yet, but you want to buy a game.
=> Backup your 4.X 3DS NAND, extract emuNAND from SD, flash extracted emuNAND to 3DS, open the eshop and buy a game, backup the 3DS NAND, flash your 4.X NAND back onto the 3DS, inject the new 3DS NAND backup (with the downloaded game) into the emuNAND SD.
(ATTENTION: make sure you have a valid 4.X NAND backup and are able to flash it back with a hardware mod!)
  • You updated your emuNAND to a version which is not supported by the Gateway (or clone) and want to go back to an old version. But you don't have a backup.
=> Backup your 4.X 3DS NAND, update your 3DS NAND by using a game cartridge, create a backup of the 3DS NAND, flash your 4.X NAND backup back to the 3DS and inject the updated NAND backup to the emuNAND SD.
(ATTENTION: make sure you have a valid 4.X NAND backup and are able to flash it back with a hardware mod!)​
  • You want to do a system transfer, but the emuNAND does not support that. (System transfer is now possible in emuNAND)
=> Backup your 4.X 3DS NAND, update your target system to the latest system version. Do the system transfer. Backup the target 3DS NAND, flash the 4.X backup NAND back to the target 3DS, inject the NAND backup (after the system transfer) to the emuNAND SD.
(ATTENTION: make sure you have a valid 4.X NAND backup and are able to flash it back witha hardware mod!)​

Changelog:
1.0.3:
- Fixed emuNAND injection
1.0.2:
- Added support for New 3DS
- Added support for MT CARD emuNAND
1.0.1:
- Added support for newer clone firmware emuNANDs
- Better errorhandling, should fix the detection problems which some users had

Download:
emuNAND Tool 1.0.3 (Filetrip)

Old versions:
Are there any plans to include SD formatting abilities (both, to enable and disable EmuNAND) into this tool? This way users wouldn't have to depend on the GW software at all. The size of the reserved space at the beginning could easily be determined if the user provides a NAND backup. You could even enable partition resizing, so that the user could actually keep the data on his SD card (this would be a bit dangerous and error-prone, though).

If you wanted help with that, I could lend a hand.

snk2

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hi, i tried to use emuNAND Tool but when i click on Extract emuNAND, it opens up Select emuNAND target file and there it stops responding. I tried the tool versions 1.0.2 an 1.0.3. Any ideas what could i do about this?

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
You're supposed to close the program after the progress bar stops at 100%, right? I did, but when I want to restore the backed up emunand a message appears:

Error! Invalid NAND file size!

What should I do now?

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running this in WINE on Debian and it refuses to dump the emuNAND, it gives me this error.

OLE-Fehler 800401F3, ProgID: "WbemScriptin.SWbemLocator"
3BrA0NJ.png

missinsummer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can i use this just for the sake of upgarding my tf card ?(maybe i need larger tf card, so i use this? without install everything all over again.)

Keram

Newcomer
Trophies
In the wetter and more windy parts of Germany
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I am getting this error. How to fix it? View attachment 33869
I have the same error, at varying percentages of completion.
I have just downgraded my 3ds to 9.2. and installed rxtools to create the emunand. Did you downgrade as well? Maybe there's a correlation..

Edit: Alright, weird. Since the percentages at which the error occur vary, I thought I give it another try and this time it went all the way to 100%. I am injecting the bin back into the emunand to see if it will boot up fine.
Edit2: Injecting it back worked as well..

Last edited by Keram,

rlink247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You're supposed to close the program after the progress bar stops at 100%, right? I did, but when I want to restore the backed up emunand a message appears:

Error! Invalid NAND file size!

What should I do now?
The same thing is happening here...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...