Hacking emuNAND Tool - Release and Support thread

Wizzx

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Please help : everytime i try too run this tool i get a No emuNANAD SD detected Message.

I formated emunand several times nothing changed.
Btw im on 4.3 fw

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
They'll probably fix it with the next launcher version.

I actually suspect they knew about this bug before release, and haven't yet worked out how to fix it.
Remember when the N3DS Gateway unveiling video was released, everyone assumed that there was no EmuNAND because there was no GW before the firmware string.
My guess is that this bug has been around since then.

Reactions: satel and Wizzx

Wizzx

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1 Is there another tool to extract and inject emunands?
2 Is there a way to uninstall the gateway exploit? everytime i click on profile/.... it kicks me into the gateway menu

BTW im on fw 4.3

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I don't think it's 32 GB that's the problem so much as the card being class 10 (but since at least some Sandisk class 10 appear to be fine, maybe it's the quality of the class 10 card in question). I used class 4 Sandisk 32 GB cards to be safe, seeing as Nintendo has a tendency to drag their heels on this type of thing (i.e. not supporting SDXC -- at least, it's not mentioned in the manual). I get the GW3D text on both USA and AUS models. For what it's worth, I'm using the Sky3DS to launch both (by the time I noticed the new version was out, the Sky saves had already come out, oh well, this is good, didn't want to lose my save anyway). Getting the big size (1,979,711,488) for both of my NAND dumps. Well, if worst comes to worst, just make two N3DS versions of the app. One for 1.2 GB EmuNANDs, and one for 1.8 GB EmuNANDs.

If you're concerned, the best trick I know of is to enable parental controls in SysNAND. Then you know for sure you're not getting kicked back to SysNAND for some reason. Just go into the Internet Settings and see if it asks for the pin, if not, EmuNAND must still be running.

1 Is there another tool to extract and inject emunands?
2 Is there a way to uninstall the gateway exploit? everytime i click on profile/.... it kicks me into the gateway menu

1. None that I'm aware of, otherwise I wouldn't be eagerly watching this thread for an N3DS update.
2. Play a DS game / play a DS ROM on your DS flash cart of choice (mine's the DSTwo). Then go back and modify your DS Profile as needed. Re-Run the GW_Installer.NDS ROM from the blue card (or any other DS flash card) to re-install the exploit after making any needed changes to your DS profile.

If you're certain you're connecting the correct memory card to your PC (the same one you put Launcher.dat on), try another card reader. I've never had any problems with it myself.

I actually suspect they knew about this bug before release, and haven't yet worked out how to fix it.
Remember when the N3DS Gateway unveiling video was released, everyone assumed that there was no EmuNAND because there was no GW before the firmware string.

Considering the video was posted when 9.2 was the latest, I've always been of the impression EmuNAND either wasn't running because the latest firmware was exploitable, or that they just didn't bother putting the "GW3D" notification on a private test copy. No reason to do the extra work putting safeguards on something you're not releasing. Also, it seems to not occur on the original cards that come with the system, either. I've not even been able to reproduce the bug on two systems using 32 GB cards, both being class 4. It seems to only be a problem with certain class 10 cards. It's doubtful they'd use class 10 on a test system (usually you want to avoid changing anything that doesn't need to be, to reduce the possibility of external factors causing your experiments to fail).

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Well, if worst comes to worst, just make two N3DS versions of the app. One for 1.2 GB EmuNANDs, and one for 1.8 GB EmuNANDs.

with old3ds there are different nand sizes, it could detect them, there will not need to be two different versions :)

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Probably. As I said before, it's not a big problem anyway. Even without the GW3D, it's pretty easy to know you are on emunand, as emunand will show 9.5 when Sysnand only show 9.0 so once you moved manually the emunand, when 9.6 will be released, there won't really be any risk to update from emunand 9.5, even if it's not showing GW3D because if you were in Sysnand, it would display 9.0, not 9.5 ;)

(And to recognize more easily emunand, just unlink it from sysnand then setup a theme for it, and leave Sysnand without any theme).

n1ghty

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Keep calm :)
5fU3Mxg.jpg

Edit:
So... I need your help :)
This is a really old debug version for some testers, but it does the job...

This version is only a debug version of v1.1 so it has NO NEW FEATURES / NO NEW 3DS SUPPORT.
To help, just click on the [D]-Button, select your New3DS microSD and then click on "Start deep scan".
This may take a while... If a NAND Header is found. the scan terminates - so don't worry if you have a large SD.

Please post any new offsets here or send me a pm.
There will probably be only 2 different offsets, but better safe than sorry. =)

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
emuNAND Tool updated. This is just a quick fix with support for MT Card and New 3DS. The previously planned functions will follow soon.
Sorry for the dumb question, but where the hell can i download the new version on your uploader? I don't find any download button x.x

Edit: Dumb Internet Explorer lol

Reactions: memomo

Sandeliner

Trophies
XP
Country
Heya, I personally used the workaround fix with Easeus parition manager and usb imager or w/e nad now play on an unlinked emuNAND. If I use emuNAND tool instead to inject, will that fix the no-GW bug or will it be exactly the same?

Zaazu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Heya, I personally used the workaround fix with Easeus parition manager and usb imager or w/e nad now play on an unlinked emuNAND. If I use emuNAND tool instead to inject, will that fix the no-GW bug or will it be exactly the same?

I'm not the creator, but I'm assuming its the same, but instead of using the USB tool to backup the entire SD, this just backups the emuNAND partition, so theres no need to use EaseUS Partition Manager to fix the partitions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.