Hacking emuNAND Tool - Release and Support thread

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I got a 32gb samsung evo class 10 and I still get the GW3D bug

Same. I have a Scandisk Extreme (Class 10) and still got the bug.

The problem is not that it's not showing GW, because we don't really care about that.

Just that it's risky to update when it's not written, someone said he updated and it worked fine, but personally, when I remove the Micro-SD Card in the settings, the N3DS doesn't crash, which mean I'm already on the sysnand and that it might be risky to update.

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
i'm not surprised, but the '...' at the end of your post you make it seem like it should support it already, when we have had new3ds emunand support for less than 12 hours :D

Well, I figured that the size of the emunand was stored in the emunand. Making it so that this would work with any size of emunand.

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I do not know, I just thought that because of good software design. But this is GW...

oh, sorry - you mean you guess the size of the emunand would be in the emunand itself - i doubt that.
it's not about good software design or gw, emunand is supposed to simply be the nand, on the sd card :)
i doubt nintendo needs to store the size of the nand within the nand itself

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
oh, sorry - you mean you guess the size of the emunand would be in the emunand itself - i doubt that.
it's not about good software design or gw, emunand is supposed to simply be the nand, on the sd card :)
i doubt nintendo needs to store the size of the nand within the nand itself

Part of the fat spec is "reserved" sectors, I am sure that this is abusing that. Part of the header is some 'empty' space, mostly for bootloaders. I just assumed it would be in there.

Reactions: cearp

Zaazu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Same. I have a Scandisk Extreme (Class 10) and still got the bug.

The problem is not that it's not showing GW, because we don't really care about that.

Just that it's risky to update when it's not written, someone said he updated and it worked fine, but personally, when I remove the Micro-SD Card in the settings, the N3DS doesn't crash, which mean I'm already on the sysnand and that it might be risky to update.

Yeah, thats why you should use the standard 4gb micro SD that the console came with and transfer it for now :)

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No biggie, emuNAND works, but SanDisk got the better SD Adapter (noticed that on my 3DS XL - inserting goes smoothly, samsung's not).

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, thats why you should use the standard 4gb micro SD that the console came with and transfer it for now :)

Already done ;)

I have a Sandisk Ultra SDHC 32GB (Class 10) and I don't have the GW3D bug.

It's probably not only related to the SD Card. It's not a big problem anyway, you can either update without the GW3D if you are sure to be on emunand (easy to spot if you unlink them and change the theme of Emuand) or use the trick to transfer the emunand to a bigger SD Card (and also emunandtool if it's updated later).

And it's not a problem to know if you are in emunand or sysnand settings once it's updated, as Emunand will show 9.5 (without the GW3D) when Sysnand will show 9.0-9.2 (depending of the firmware version).

They'll probably fix it with the next launcher version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo