Hacking emuNAND Tool - Release and Support thread

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I just had a thought.

This emuNand Tool allows you to extract and inject nand images into the emuNand partition of the SD Card right?

Ok. Now that we got that cleared up. The current nand firmwares makes use of 4.x keys for saving in newer games such as Pokemon or ACNL.

Assuming that some how a 6.x exploit is found and we all update to 6.x. The new emunand will be using the 6.x keys. Now my question is, is there anyway to do a pseudo system transfer of old emuNand to new emuNand?

Or am I completely incorrect as the keys are in the sysnand and has nothing to do with emunand.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
The keys are in SystemNAND, whatever SysNAND is booting your EmuNAND is whatever keys you are using, so if we have a 6.x Exploit and that is the SysNAND, then those are the keys the EmuNAND will be using

Reactions: bkifft

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
The keys are in SystemNAND, whatever SysNAND is booting your EmuNAND is whatever keys you are using, so if we have a 6.x Exploit and that is the SysNAND, then those are the keys the EmuNAND will be using

Ok. That makes perfect sense. Thanks for that!

dekuleon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I used MT-Card exploit to create a EmuNand and used it without owning the MT-Card. I updated this EmuNand, used eShop, downloaded Pokémon Y, played a lot... and now I own Gateway, and I want to continue with that Emunand, mainly because of my Pokémon Y SAVE!
I already installed Gateway exploit and Launcher 2.1 from Gateway but my EmuNand is not detected, and emuNAND Tool does not detect this emunand created by MT-Card's Firmware.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance!

I got it to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I needed to Read my SD card with Win32DiskImager, open the created Image with an HEX Editor, and change the name MT-CARDNAND to GATEWAYNAND.... after this, Rewrite the image to SD and it worksss! :D

Reactions: Adr990

kargath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to get this to run under win7 x64? I'm banging my head against the wall with error 87. I've noticed others with the same issue, but haven't found a work around.

Wanted to make a backup before going omega and updating anything. Right now I'm just doing a full win32disk image just in case.

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any way to get this to run under win7 x64? I'm banging my head against the wall with error 87. I've noticed others with the same issue, but haven't found a work around.

Wanted to make a backup before going omega and updating anything. Right now I'm just doing a full win32disk image just in case.

Yeah, a Win32Disk Image is a pretty good temporary solution.

It has nothing to do with x64 though. I'm on 64bit win8.1 and it worked fine for me.

blechner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, so, I am one of those people who own a 3ds in the latest FW and were waiting for a solution to transfer its NAND to another 3ds that can use the exploit. I've read the 4th usage example (You want to do a system transfer, but the emuNAND does not support that) and that got me thinking if it was worth the try. I know that the save data from my retail cartridges won't work, that is OK, I've finished all of my current games, but I really like those mii plaza games, the puzzle swap, monster manor, etc. So the question is, after I follow the steps to transfer the NAND of the source 3DS to the emuNAND of the target 3DS, will all my mii plaza data (number of miis, puzzle pieces, progress in minigames) still be available in the emuNAND 7.1 of my target 3DS? Has anyone ever tried this 4th usage example? Thanks

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Ok, so, I am one of those people who own a 3ds in the latest FW and were waiting for a solution to transfer its NAND to another 3ds that can use the exploit. I've read the 4th usage example (You want to do a system transfer, but the emuNAND does not support that) and that got me thinking if it was worth the try. I know that the save data from my retail cartridges won't work, that is OK, I've finished all of my current games, but I really like those mii plaza games, the puzzle swap, monster manor, etc. So the question is, after I follow the steps to transfer the NAND of the source 3DS to the emuNAND of the target 3DS, will all my mii plaza data (number of miis, puzzle pieces, progress in minigames) still be available in the emuNAND 7.1 of my target 3DS? Has anyone ever tried this 4th usage example? Thanks
Long story short it will kind of work, I say "kind of“ because if you try to use the content on 2 consoles once the console that has the content illegitimately connects to the internet it will be removed

You could keep the console offline, but with the streetpass games in particular you need to have the WiFi switched on so the 3ds will likely connector any open WiFi hotspots.....it won't stop you repeatedly restoring your emunand to bring them back though.....although I think it removes the content from the SD too afaik so you might need to back that up too

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country

For a start buddy none of what you have said will work anyway, you carn't transfer the Nand/Emunand from your original 3DS that has the Nand file on to another 3DS to get the exploit working. Soon as you take the card out of your original 3DS into the next one it will not work the GW backs up the nand and formats it to that 3DS with that particular SD Card soon as you try it with another it wont work. For example, if you format a Nand on an SD card in 3DS A and then transfer the files to another SD card via PC and pop it in the same 3DS A or 3DS B for that matter, it will not work! I have tried it the only way to get it going again with a separate SD Card is to format it on your PC and start over again with the 3DS you want to use! The only files you can transfer from SD card to SD card that will work are your rom gaming save files, the .sav files.

blechner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry, I think I didn't explain clear enough. First of all, @gamesquest1, I don't intend to make my current 7.1 NAND content available in both consoles! What I intend to do is to buy another 3ds that is in FW 4.5 and follow the steps on the 4th usage example so that the contents of my current 7.1 NAND will end up in the emuNAND of the 3ds that I just bought (and, of course, I would do the HW mod on that new 3ds to make that possible). And, @reece71079, I didn't mean to transfer data from SD card to SD card manually, I intend to follow the steps explained in the 4th usage example (first post on this thread): => Backup your 4.X 3DS NAND, update your target system to the latest system version. Do the system transfer. Backup the target 3DS NAND, flash the 4.X backup NAND back to the target 3DS, inject the NAND backup (after the system transfer) to the emuNAND SD.
According to those steps, I understand that I can have the 7.1 NAND of a source 3ds as emuNAND of a target 3ds in the end of the process. I just need to know what will happen to my mii plaza content is all (the mii plaza content from the source 3ds NAND that will end up in the emuNAND of the target 3ds). I know that the source 3ds will be completely cleared, with a 7.1 NAND with no personal content (as if it was brand new), which is OK since I intend to sell it afterwards :)
Thanks

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Sorry, I think I didn't explain clear enough. First of all, @gamesquest1, I don't intend to make my current 7.1 NAND content available in both consoles! What I intend to do is to buy another 3ds that is in FW 4.5 and follow the steps on the 4th usage example so that the contents of my current 7.1 NAND will end up in the emuNAND of the 3ds that I just bought (and, of course, I would do the HW mod on that new 3ds to make that possible). And, @reece71079, I didn't mean to transfer data from SD card to SD card manually, I intend to follow the steps explained in the 4th usage example (first post on this thread): => Backup your 4.X 3DS NAND, update your target system to the latest system version. Do the system transfer. Backup the target 3DS NAND, flash the 4.X backup NAND back to the target 3DS, inject the NAND backup (after the system transfer) to the emuNAND SD.
According to those steps, I understand that I can have the 7.1 NAND of a source 3ds as emuNAND of a target 3ds in the end of the process. I just need to know what will happen to my mii plaza content is all (the mii plaza content from the source 3ds NAND that will end up in the emuNAND of the target 3ds). I know that the source 3ds will be completely cleared, with a 7.1 NAND with no personal content (as if it was brand new), which is OK since I intend to sell it afterwards :)
Thanks
sorry, im a little confused, for your example, you would simply need to do a system transfer....that is all XD
you cant make a backup from 1 console work for another console, no matter what steps you take :)

so basically
get 4.x conxole----set up emunand and update to 7.1--------start system transfer to transfer games etc from original 3ds to the new one.

you don't really even need this tool for that :D

EDIT: i just read the usage instruction and it does seem to suggest what you where thinking, but it actually isn't possible to use the nand backup from 1 console on another ....emunand or otherwise

blechner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
sorry, im a little confused, for your example, you would simply need to do a system transfer....that is all XD
you cant make a backup from 1 console work for another console, no matter what steps you take :)

so basically
get 4.x conxole----set up emunand and update to 7.1--------start system transfer to transfer games etc from original 3ds to the new one.

you don't really even need this tool for that :D

EDIT: i just read the usage instruction and it does seem to suggest what you where thinking, but it actually isn't possible to use the nand backup from 1 console on another ....emunand or otherwise

Hi, thanks for the reply, but let me say it again, I don't want to use a nand backup from one console in another one! This is why I mentioned the system transfer part, so that I can make a backup of my original 7.1 NAND using the TARGET system, so in the end, I would be using that NAND backup as emuNAND in the TARGET system. I am well aware that NAND backups only work in the system that produced it :)
Besides, I think I already know the answer to my question, I can actually do what I want. In this post http://gbatemp.net/threads/sys-transd-nand-injected-into-gw2-0b1-emunand.358545/ the guy did exactly what I need! But unfortunatelly, he had to use some other hex tools because the tool from this thread was not available for him at the time.
And, @n1ghty, I don't understand why you said that GW support system transfers to emuNAND, it doesnt't, this is one of the reasons you created the emuNAND tool, right? The thread I mentioned early clearly states that GW 2.0b1/2 does not support direct system transfer to emunand... this is what the guy says in the first post "I hope that explains it well enough; I do not believe this is really good enough of a post to really be a full-blown, noob-friendly tutorial on this, just an explanation of what I did and how I did it, since the regular system transfer feature is apparently not working with Gateway 2.0's "emuNAND" mode."

WaryLouka

Official Representative of the SuperCard Team
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This should be named "emuNAND Swapper", as the main purpose of this is to swap emuNANDs from sd card to sd card

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
This should be named "emuNAND Swapper", as the main purpose of this is to swap emuNANDs from sd card to sd card
well it does have other use's i.e backing up different emunand versions so you can revert back to an older state.....it also creates a nand image you "could" flash back to the console. also lets you upgrade from say R4i deluxe to gateway without having to run the update again...more of a multi function tool :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/2byHyqiZVS8?si=Qr7te3eS9u0xQYDh