Emunand cloning?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by RyeHyena, Nov 14, 2015.

1. RyeHyena
    OP

RyeHyena Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2015
    United States
    So, just wondering what would happen if I put my sysnand onto my emunand, installed some unsigned cias, and bought, lets say pokemon x, from the eshop. Backed up my emunand / entire sd with the emunand tool. Then did a system transfer from that emunand, with unsigned and a signed game, using a patched transfer tool with Hans, to a sysnand on another system? Then restored the backed up emunand bin and SD card copy. Would the unsigned games get signed tickets, and would I have successfully made a legit clone of pokemon X?

2. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    Of course not...

Your unsigned games will stay unsigned even if you are able to transfer them somehow and the other system won't be able to see them unless it has a CFW too.

Aside from that, your NNID account would be moved to the new system making the games bought unusable in the old one even if you restore emunand.

Why do Noobs think things like this are so easy to pull off? Isn't it obvious it's way too easy to actually work? :glare:

There is more to it than just backing up > transfer > restore... To pull something like this.

3. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Also, in case you start wondering this next, you can't install a legit CIA on a 3ds, update it, then system transfer to another console and have the game move too. For some reason the legit CIAs don't get transferred.

4. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    yeah the reason is that they are actually tied to the serial number it seems :)
    we used to think that it was simply the ticket on the console (or at least a combination of the two) because the tickets don't get (totally) wiped when you format your 3ds.

MelonGx and Quantumcat like this.
  5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I think the legit X on the old console would continue working but only as long as you kept the system offline. Once online it would find out that the eShop account has been transferred and the tickets are no longer valid and remove them. Though I think you might need to enter the eShop for that to happen so as long as you avoid opening the eShop it might continue working.

6. RyeHyena
    OP

RyeHyena Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2015
    United States
    I would like to say I'm not a noob, I figured I'd ask before attempting and probably fucking things up. If you don't ask, you don't receive. Thank you for explaining though.

7. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    Sorry... I didn't mean it as an insult but everyday there is a new thread in plan:

"Can I install cias in my 9.2 3DS and system transfer them to my 10.1 N3DS"

It gets really annoying at times... If things like this were that easy there would be guides everywhere about how to do it.

8. RyeHyena
    OP

RyeHyena Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2015
    United States
    I never said to 10.1? I was wondering about a 9.2 to another cfw-able 3ds, guess I forgot to mention.