Hacking Emunand black screen on game load

PickleHead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, I can't get any games to load using emunand.

First, I installed and updated my emunand on GW2.1, and the games loaded fine, I was playing some games that night.

The next day whenever I tried to load a game, I would just get a black screen.

I've wiped my SD card and games seem to boot fine using "real" nand.

So I've reformatted and re-updated my emunand again and my games won't load.

Any ideas? Thanks.

PickleHead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As a matter of fact, after doing some more testing, I can't load ANYTHING once in emunand. The web browser, e-shop, and even the settings screen gives me a black screen.

PickleHead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Running 4.4.0-10U

I've reformatted a different (internal) SD card, games load on real NAND and emuNAND (4.4.0-10U).

Updated my emuNAND and now I can't load any of the DS tiles or any of the games (including the settings).

roxas-89

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Sorry to ask this but have you tried loading any NAND based games ( like Pokemon or animal crossing ) ? from emuNAND because someone else had a similar problem updated to 2.1 only NAND games working but non NAND based games are not.

PickleHead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok... Something very strange happened... I put in my exFAT card into the 3DS (I used another card to make sure it wasn't an exfat issue). I think clicked DS Profile, the screen showed strange grey bars, I pressed home because I thought it crashed, and I was able to get to the home menu. The emuNAND was loaded up, so I tried loading Zelda: Link Between Worlds. It worked, so I closed Zelda and tried a few more games and they worked too.

Reboot the DS, loading Taiko Drum Master doesn't work...
Reboot the DS, loading Zelda works!
Reboot the DS, loading Zelda doesn't work...

I don't have any NAND games to test, would it be worth it to do some more testing?

roxas-89

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Ok... Something very strange happened... I put in my exFAT card into the 3DS (I used another card to make sure it wasn't an exfat issue). I think clicked DS Profile, the screen showed strange grey bars, I pressed home because I thought it crashed, and I was able to get to the home menu. The emuNAND was loaded up, so I tried loading Zelda: Link Between Worlds. It worked, so I closed Zelda and tried a few more games and they worked too.

Reboot the DS, loading Zelda works!
Reboot the DS, loading Zelda doesn't work...

I don't have any NAND games to test, would it be worth it to do some more testing?

it wouldn't hurt to do more testing just to make sure your gateway isn't faulty or something.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Diagnostics check out fine.

Running 4.4.0-10U

I've reformatted a different (internal) SD card, games load on real NAND and emuNAND (4.4.0-10U).

Updated my emuNAND and now I can't load any of the DS tiles or any of the games (including the settings).
I heard the Omega firmware has a bug with emuNANDs created on that firmware, people were unable to load certain things such as the eShop. Maybe your issue is related?
All I can suggest is to try creating a new emuNAND with 2.0b1 and see if that helps.

run diagnostics :P
Diagnostics check out fine.
Never, ever do this. It's a known cause of bricks.

Heien

Trophies
XP
Country
Running 4.4.0-10U

Are you trying to play DS titles in emunand? If so, can anyone confirm if its even possible to play DS titles in emunand?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night