ROM Hack EmuNAND backup failed - GodMode9

mica

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Trying to upgrade to a bigger SD card, and after having no luck with simply cloning the drive, I read that this is because the EmuNAND partition is invisible to most apps, and that I should use GodMode9's backup/restore scripts instead.

Though I successfully backed up the SysNAND awhile ago, attempting to run the EmuNAND script results in the error: EmuNAND backup failed

Hope someone can help. Thanks.

EDIT:

I've now also tried emuNAND Tool and Multi EmuNAND Creator, neither of which were able to detect an EmuNAND on the SD card. What else can I try?

EDIT Again:

Ok, I used USB Image Tool to backup & restore the drive (then expanded the partition with Partition Wizard), and that seems to have successfully moved everything over. Problem solved for now.

Still curious why the backup failed though. Is this something I ought to have a backup of?

Last edited by mica,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to upgrade to a bigger SD card, and after having no luck with simply cloning the drive, I read that this is because the EmuNAND partition is invisible to most apps, and that I should use GodMode9's backup/restore scripts instead.

Though I successfully backed up the SysNAND awhile ago, attempting to run the EmuNAND script results in the error: EmuNAND backup failed

Hope someone can help. Thanks.

EDIT:

I've now also tried emuNAND Tool and Multi EmuNAND Creator, neither of which were able to detect an EmuNAND on the SD card. What else can I try?

EDIT Again:

Ok, I used USB Image Tool to backup & restore the drive (then expanded the partition with Partition Wizard), and that seems to have successfully moved everything over. Problem solved for now.

Still curious why the backup failed though. Is this something I ought to have a backup of?
Why emunand in this day and age of boot9strap?

Reactions: KoalaBoy

mica

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, that's why it's not working. I do have boot9strap. Didn't realize they're mutually exclusive. I just went with the first thread google suggested. Thanks for clearing this up.

Last edited by mica,

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, that's why it's not working. I do have boot9strap. Didn't realize they're mutually exclusive. I just went with the first thread google suggested. Thanks for clearing this up.
You can use EmuNAND with B9S. I have EmuNAND on 9.2 for hax installation and others for testing. Technically I use RedNAND, but I never had any issues. Might be an issue with GM9.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night