Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys,
this week I've been trying to get some streetpasses for bravely default on gateway. After a lot of blood and gore i managed to create an homemade streetpass relay AND to update my gateway emunand to 7.1

I got a few streetpasses (about 4) in a day.

My problem now is:

80% of the times i enter sleep mode while in emunand 7.1 my system crashes and i have to restart all over...
so i have to try over and over and restart the system a lot of times.. and the whole process is unnerving

notice i enter sleep mode closing my 3ds.

is this so unstable also for you all? is there any better way to do this?

kingsora831

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If all your trying to do is get street passes through home pass, you don't need to have the system in sleep mode.

When i use home pass, i first make sure the system's only known network is "attwifi".
Then make sure the system is turned off and run the home pass spoof on your pc.
Once the mac is being spoofed, turn on 3ds, run emunand, leave system at the main menu and the system should automatically connect to the "attwifi" and you will receive street passes.
Do not close or turn off the system until you see the green dots on notifications(and blinking icons for nintendo zone and mii plaza) indicating you received a street pass.
To spoof the next mac address, turn off 3ds and repeat the process.

Now, if you are street passing outside and have to close the system as your walking i got no help for that sorry.
Good luck.

sjeps

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
If all your trying to do is get street passes through home pass, you don't need to have the system in sleep mode.

When i use home pass, i first make sure the system's only known network is "attwifi".
Then make sure the system is turned off and run the home pass spoof on your pc.
Once the mac is being spoofed, turn on 3ds, run emunand, leave system at the main menu and the system should automatically connect to the "attwifi" and you will receive street passes.
Do not close or turn off the system until you see the green dots on notifications(and blinking icons for nintendo zone and mii plaza) indicating you received a street pass.
To spoof the next mac address, turn off 3ds and repeat the process.

Now, if you are street passing outside and have to close the system as your walking i got no help for that sorry.
Good luck.
yes, all i want to do is streetpass..

i already have and android phone that cycles mac addresses...

anyway leaving the system open in the upper right conrner i see 3 blue bars and "internet" word. not streetpass
is that ok anyway?

juins

Trophies
XP
Country
it IS pretty unstable. i havent been able to resume from sleep mode like 3 times already. just hangs on black screen.

kingsora831

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, all i want to do is streetpass..

i already have and android phone that cycles mac addresses...

anyway leaving the system open in the upper right conrner i see 3 blue bars and "internet" word. not streetpass
is that ok anyway?

Yes, just make sure that once you stay on one mac address until you receive the street pass data, you'll see the green dots and blinking icons, so you'll know right away.
Once you get that, go ahead and switch to a new mac address.

It doesnt automatically start as a "streetpass", at first start up it will say "internet", but after a few seconds to 2 minutes it will say "streetpass" and you'll receive the data.

But make sure you do it in the process i wrote above, Turn off 3ds (make sure att wifi is the only network on the system before hand), spoof mac address, turn on 3ds, leave open in system menu until notification(green dots), Turn off 3ds, spoof next mac address.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't had that issue but what I have had is my 3ds's battery in emunand 7.1 in sleep mode draining very fast, as if it isn't sleeping at all, even with wifi off.

Doesn't bother me too much though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol