Emunand 11.4 revertable?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by jelanda, Jun 15, 2017.

1. jelanda
    OP

jelanda Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2008
    United States
    i updated my emunand to 11.4. but not on purpose now my gateway card doesnt work. have i doomed myself now? or am i lucky because its emunand? is it possible to restore my sysnand or can i just delete emunnad in gateway menu and everything is back to normal? i hope someone can help me.

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia

3. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    Learn how to make (emu)NAND backups and how to restore them so you can always revert pretty most mistakes. I don't link to any tutorial because there are a ton of methods and one of them will probably suit you better than the others (for example if you have a N3DS, you'll probably hate PC tools that require you to get the micro SD out) but I still throw names in here, like Decrypt9, Hourglass9, Godmode9 (all of these , work on the 3DS directly) or emuNAND tool and the likes.

Quantumcat likes this.
  4. Sketchy1

Sketchy1 gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer

Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    if your using a gateway emunand, then your sysnand should be untouched. you can reformat emunand, but all sd contents will be deleted, which includes and dlc games you have, and their saves.

5. nccom

nccom GBAtemp Fan

Feb 9, 2006
    Estonia
    Yay, another useless "guide" from Quantumcat, as expected...don't do this.
    You have 2 options now:
    1) reformat emunand from gateway launcher, you will lose saves from games installed as .cia
    2) downgrade emunand by booting into it with luma (grab one of the older versions as newer ones won't work without b9s, iirc you need luma 7.0.5) then using SysUpdater to downgrade titles:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/can-a9lh-downgrade-11-3-to-11-2.467198/#post-7238167

6. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Not if OP follows what I quoted above. They can get all their data back.
    @jelanda if you want to keep using Gateway then only follow up to step 6, and get a Yoshi's Wooly World rom and put it on your Gateway card, and boot Gateway with the cartridge outside so that it loads the menu. Then hold Up on the D-pad while selecting the boot Gateway option. Then try to play Yoshi, it will update you to 11.2. Then you can continue to enjoy your Gateway. Make sure not to update again (unless they release a new launcher.dat that's compatible).

Last edited by Quantumcat, Jun 15, 2017