[EmuMMC setup Win/Linux]&[Quadboot]

Discussion in 'Switch - Tutorials' started by TariqSoftDev, Jun 18, 2019.

1. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
  2. TariqSoftDev
    OP

TariqSoftDev ~Zexceil

Sep 18, 2013
    London
  3. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    It's for Wii U Rednand. Sectors should be modified and removed some unused parts to work on EmuMMC partition.

Last edited by thaikhoa, Jun 20, 2019
  4. RyanfromWork

RyanfromWork Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2019
    United States
    I got it to start working. Unfortunately, I have no idea how. Could be the 0.9.1 update?

Regardless, its running "my" 7.0.1 (ams 0.9.1) with all games working.

Thank You for your excellent guide and the Genius's who made this guide possible.

But side question, since my clean backup was from 4.0.1.... I have 7 burnt fuses. What do I do??

5. tabzer

tabzer GBAtemp Regular

Feb 15, 2019
    Japan
    I update my emummc FW and now it doesn't work :(

6. RyanfromWork

RyanfromWork Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2019
    United States

Its a benefit of emunand. As in rinse and repeat the process like if u picked up a new SD card

7. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Feb 17, 2006
    Portugal
    Thanks friend. I believe I did that already. But I can redo those steps.

8. tabzer

tabzer GBAtemp Regular

Feb 15, 2019
    Japan
    How is emummc breaking on a fw update a benefit? I can do what you said anyway.

My concern is that when I want to update emummc, I'll have to reclone my NAND, rewrite tht into my emu space, and then redo all the things I had customized for the previous emummc.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

See above.

9. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    emummc shouldn't be any issue on the latest fixed build of Atm 0.9.1 on firmware 8.1 (updated using choinx on the emummc itself). Don't do Switch memory card format or windows format function by default. You guys should use Mini Tool Partition to format the SD.

10. tabzer

tabzer GBAtemp Regular

Feb 15, 2019
    Japan
    I updated the emummc with choinx and it prevented emummc from booting. Black screen no switch logo after atmo logo disappeared. I was already updated to atmo 0.9.1 so I don't know what could have went wrong.

11. Purevideo

Purevideo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2019
    Mexico
    Well my firmware is 4.0.1, the weird thing is that I have used atmosphere before (8.10 I think it was) without a problem, maybe there was an error while creating emunand?

12. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    Open your SD drive using HxD (run it under Administrator) Tools > Open disk. Check on the boot0 sector (the starting sector when you set it in emummc_sector) and compare to the actual boot0 if it's there in the partition.

13. tabzer

tabzer GBAtemp Regular

Feb 15, 2019
    Japan
    I can't check now, but would the difference be caused by enabling fuse-protection when upgrading?

14. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    Idk. I'm using SX Emunand to run Atm Emummc and updated fw on Atm Emummc.
    Next time, you should turn off the fuse-protection when updating firnware on Emunand. It doesn't affect to the Sysnand (the OFW) but the Emunand itself.

fyi, reinject boot0 and boot1 to the emummc partition if it will work (boot0 and boot1 of firmware 8.1) or you just disable all the custom sysmodule kips in atmosphere/titles folder. emuiibo causes the issue for me, at least.

Last edited by thaikhoa, Jun 20, 2019
  15. RyanfromWork

RyanfromWork Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2019
    United States
    Never said it’s a benefit for anything to be “updated” and break. I mean really?? Breaking = benefit. Nope.

the benefit im referring to is that emunand can be recreated over and over and over again.

I’d rather mess around and screw up in emunand than in sysnand.

atmosphere released 0.9.1 which covers Nintendo’s 8.1.0. I would say the only option you have is to rinse and repeat....

16. alimao

alimao Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2009
    Brazil
  17. TariqSoftDev
    OP

TariqSoftDev ~Zexceil

Sep 18, 2013
    London
    EmuMMC driver, offsets are different when programming for different FW, this is still FS redirection approach not EL2 so the fw has to be supported via EmuMMC
    Update the EmuMMC driver, I updated the SD files for it, it's not atmosphere rather the EmuMMC driver but it's been updated alongside the threads SD Files.

tabzer likes this.
  18. Purevideo

Purevideo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2019
    Mexico
    So the only thing that I could do is to update without burning fuses (I saw a guide here) to say, 7.xx and run emunand from there, right?

19. TariqSoftDev
    OP

TariqSoftDev ~Zexceil

Sep 18, 2013
    London
    Backup stock clean nand, using atmos on Sys update to 7.xx via ChoiNX in Atmos CFW, dump that nand and use it for EmuMMC then restore your sys to the stock clean; that way you won't burn any fuses.

RyanfromWork and Purevideo like this.
  20. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    Might I ask, what's exact purpose of the emummc driver? Emummc 8.1 works out of the box with Atmosphere 0.9.1 without an issue for me.