[EmuMMC setup Win/Linux]&[Quadboot]

Discussion in 'Switch - Tutorials' started by TariqSoftDev, Jun 18, 2019.

1. hellogbatemp

hellogbatemp Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2018
    France
    same here ! help please

Last edited by hellogbatemp, Jun 19, 2019
  2. RyanfromWork

RyanfromWork Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2019
    United States
    I though you asked how you can tell the difference between emuMMC and stock?

Stock, you clearly wont have atmosphere.

If you are in AMS you are in CFW... if you dont see ams you are on stock.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I cant read what you wrote, but i know what youre talking about

It is regarding the DD part, i accidentally used copy /b boot0+boo1+rawnand.bin.00+.... rawnand14 emuMMC.bin

When it should be “copy /b boot0+boot1+rawnand.bin emuMMC.bin”. Where i messed up was not creating the rawnand.bin file first, then using that along with the boot0/1 to make the emuMMC.bin file.

3. Bl4ckeagle

Bl4ckeagle Member

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2016
    Australia
    No I meant the difference between Emunand and Normal Nand...

2. Question
    Is it possible to just copy the sigpatches or do i have to compile everything by my own?

4. RyanfromWork

RyanfromWork Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2019
    United States
    Ahh! In that case... BUMP! I have the same question...

I cant even get my 7.0.1 emunand fw to load. I can only get my switch to load into the restored via Hekate 4.0.1 FW (or CFW due to fuses, but it did allow verification of my 4.0.1 FW files arent corrupt)

I’m hoping the emunand is being used and not dirtying up my clean backup. (Which doesnt matter since it looks like I’m going to be repeating the process once i get things straighten out)

(Definitely not telling the Devs how to do anything) Where we find FW version then (ams x.x.x - emu) would be a nice hint.

2. Question

I honestly assume its similar to before. (I wish i knew how to compile anything beside “hello world”)

lets pretend you have everything setup exactly as you wanted it. I assume the patches would work as long as youre not on 8.1.0.....

5. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    unfortunately it's not possible to boot stock with hekate anymore since 7.x

for the 3, the result is the same yes, it's just how you do it which is different.

1. doing it manually and starting by writing the emu partition is the hardest, as you'll have to do all the math yourself (dd the bin starting sector 1 size=dump size, edit MBR to add a new partition after the emu position, (partition sector start+sector number), then you can format it.
    2. create 1 partition that you move at the end if your tool allows it, leaving enough unallocated space in the front, then dd starting sector 1
    3. the easiest, creating 2 partitions is faster and easier like the guide on first post, but then you replace the first one with the dump and you edit the MBR manually (or first delete the partition with a manager, it should only edit the MBR and not touch the actual partition content)

I don't have the command to type from memory for dd to start at 1 with the dump size, but I could deduce it if I have time. someone else will probably post it before me.

6. nopo

nopo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2017
    Australia
    I cant redump because it's my dump from 6.0 and I'm on 8.0.1 now

7. quincy uryuu

quincy uryuu Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2016
    I've tried running dd --list through command prompt and power shell, both give me errors about "dd" not being recognized as a function. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Edit- I think I figured it out.

Last edited by quincy uryuu, Jun 20, 2019
  8. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Feb 17, 2006
    Portugal
    Something odd has happened. I reinstalled a couple of nsps (Hello Kitty Kruisers and Lego Worlds).

THEY ARE FOR MY DAUGHTER!

Hello Kitty runsok, but oddly Lego Worlds does not. I have all the content installed as before, but it just throws an error telling that: The app couldn't start. Try again from the Home menu

Anyone seen this before? It's new for me.

Thanks

9. quincy uryuu

quincy uryuu Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2016
    Okay, I got it to work, but now I just get this error every time. Reading the other pages of this thread, I can see that someone else had a similar problem that was fixed by closing things that are attempting to use the drive, but nothing is using the drive right now for me. I assume I just messed up something, so I'm including a screenshot.

Can anyone help me with this?

Edit- Figured it out again. Turns out my 31gb partition wasn't actually big enough. It worked after I upped the partition to 32gb.

Attached Files:

Last edited by quincy uryuu, Jun 20, 2019
  10. Purevideo

Purevideo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2019
    Mexico
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong, every time atmosphere boots, it shows error 2011 0301. I followed the Windows guide and have trierd to boot Emunand with and without 0x. Any ideas?

11. NA29

NA29 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2019
    United States
    New England
    finally got this working! thanks for the guide. so, both my sysNAND and my emuNAND both can see the SD Card (the partition that wasn't used for the emuMMC copying) in Data Management. Is that supposed to happen? i'm pretty sure it worked since i have different themes on emu and sysnand and I deleted a game on emu that didn't delete on sys. And of course, emu says Atmosphere. I'm just concerned that if I install a game on the SD card on the emuNAND that this could show up on the sysNAND and end with me getting banned...

Edit: Oh...if I install games on my emuNAND will it go in the EmuNand folder? and then if I install games on my sysNAND it will go into the Nintendo folder? (I didn't touch the config file apart from the hexadecimal or add any folders, but those seem to have been created on my SD card after booting emuNAND and sysNAND...). And they won't detect games installed in those folders on the opposite nand?

Last edited by NA29, Jun 20, 2019
  12. Xw2X

Xw2X Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2016
    United States
    What is the difference between Emunand and just using atmosphere in term of playing online ? couldn't you play stock and bought games without emmunand anyways?

13. TariqSoftDev
    OP

TariqSoftDev ~Zexceil

Sep 18, 2013
    London
    Well NAND dumps should be a 15 part dump if done with a FAT32 card or single rawnand file with exFAT

Sigpatches?

Check your single emummc is there and nothing is accessing the drive.

They use the same SD but different "Nintendo" folder so yes installs are seperate.

This is a issue with fw below 4.x.x I believe, use a fw above that; keep your clean nand but create a updated version for EmuMMC.

14. cots

cots GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    No one is mentioning the emummc.kip file from m4xw's repo. Every guide I read just says to download and use Atmopshere. So what is the kip used for? Does Atmopshere have the emuMMC code in it that requires the external kip, because I checked the latest version of Atmopshere and it doesn't come with a kip. If it does require you to download the kip then why doesn't anyone mention this in any of their guides?

Last edited by cots, Jun 20, 2019
  15. TariqSoftDev
    OP

TariqSoftDev ~Zexceil

Sep 18, 2013
    London
    Check SD Files, has them attached; updating it soon for 8.1.0 compat and loose file EmuMMC; I'm leaving out the need for people to compile them else it's a shit fest.

16. cots

cots GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    Okay, what if I want to install it manually aka myself?

17. TariqSoftDev
    OP

TariqSoftDev ~Zexceil

Sep 18, 2013
    London
    Compile it from m4xw's git, place in atmos.

18. cots

cots GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    Okay. So it is required for emuMMC to work properly. That's all I needed to know. Thanks!

19. TariqSoftDev
    OP

TariqSoftDev ~Zexceil

Sep 18, 2013
    London
    You need the EmuMMC kip module in atmos, else it's just norm atmos

20. tabzer

tabzer GBAtemp Regular

Feb 15, 2019
    Japan
    If you are re-installing nsps, it's best to delete the old record from the system/data management first, or else you'll run into these issues.