mightymo77

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mightymo.net
XP
Country
United States
Oh you have to use the nunchuck (duh it says it in the controller selection screen). One thing I really hate about the wii is the wiimote and the gay ass nunchuck. I wish they just chose to use a regular controller. I refuse to play any games with that stupid ass nunchuck. I hope for Nintendo's sake that the WiiU is a hit, because that big retarded looking controller for it is probably going to suck even worst than the Wii controllers.

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well done lucor001, that will be useful for lot of people.

Don't want to annoy you, just two things.
Regarding smsplus-gx I compiled with cios 202 some time ago. Well, quite useless for such little roms but if some are interested ...
In general, usb2 speed enable faster browsing and faster loading, so for roms of 300 ko maybe it's not really worth it.

For JzintvWii, there's a problem for pal users with old TV (my case, not alone I think!) it's in black and white. I was a little upset when it was first released since it is the first console I played with.
I know you're not responsible at all for this and it should be reported to jenergy but not sure he still cares.
If you want you can change VIDEO_Configure(&TVNtsc480IntDf) to VIDEO_Configure(&TVEurgb60Hz480IntDf) in fixVideoMode function. Then, everyone could play the magical game Tennis (wow, the gameplay ! still we don't play with that weird phone pad ! :D )
That's only a suggestion, you're free and perhaps it would be better to tell jenergy first.
By the way, the comments in code are funny, the author has the sense of humor.

Cheers and happy beer coding !

lucor001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*blush* Thanks guys.

Wiimpathy - it was actually one of your posts that got me to work on these. I can't remember which one, maybe gxgeo-usb? I saw someone requested gxgeo with usb support and someone else (you) came along and compiled a version to work with it. I thought, "huh, that's pretty cool, and nice of him to do - I bet I could do that too".

It was actually good to dust off some of my old C/C++ skills - I haven't really written much since college (my undergraduate was Computer Engineering / Computer Science Minor). I ended going for more school and became a Electrical Engineer - so I only write Verilog these days.

Since I have a working tool-chain for compiling jzintvWii I'll take a look at what it might take to compile a PAL version. However, I have no idea how I might test it (USA here, no PAL TV :) ). If it really is just the change you mention, then I could make that change, compile it and post it for you.

BTW - I'm known at work for extensive/funny comments in code as well. I always believe in a 2:1, comment:code ratio - and often times I find I messed something up down the road, so if the comments are funny at least I get a laugh when I'm fixing something I broke. Glad to see someone else gets my sense of humor!

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh, really pleased that it makes you want to contribute.
I won't talk about my life publicly. All I can say is that I'm pure amateur autodidact in this field, and the main goals is to have fun and share. For me it should remain a game. Writing little games with Div games studio years ago was my first approach and that was so much fun!

About jzintvWii, yes it's the only thing to change, well a quicker way. In general it's better to use VIDEO_GetPreferredMode to autodetect but here there will be issues in 576i wii mode.
The TVEurgb60Hz480IntDf should be good for NTSC and PAL60. You can compile it for others if you want (already compiled for myself) but it's not very important and maybe I'm not in the best position to give advice.

sabandellos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Here are the two files I uploaded before, I re-uploaded them to RapidShare (the links expired before).
https://rapidshare.c...sb.tar.gz?bin=1
https://rapidshare.c...sb.tar.gz?bin=1

Note: I haven't checked if the original authors have since released new versions with USB support. I'm guessing they haven't or there wouldn't be a question :).
Thanks a lot, a very interesting and apreciated versions. (the usb ones)

I'll upload it to my MediaFire acount this weekend or before ;-)

If anyone wants to see it: http://bit.ly/KsS5Cn or download any homebrew from there...

lucor001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just thought I'd pop in and comment. ScummVM loads games from USB (I put the files in /apps/scummvm on my USB HDD).

FullMetalEngineer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I saw this thread and was so happy to see JzintvWii working on USB!!! Great work!

If you need ideas for another emulator that needs usb support please look at OpenBOR, Beats of Rage which currently only works on SD. It constantly core dumps if run from USB.

*EDIT* Alright I found the official forum for OpenBor and took it up with those guys.. apparently the newest version 3721 is there, Wiibrew.org is old as hell.

http://lavalit.com:8080/index.php/board,54.0.html

jenergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, I just found this thread,
I'm sorry for problems you had with jzintvWii! If you fixed some issues, maybe they can be merged into the 'official' jzintvWii, so everyone can use them! Anyway, as you wish.
About controllers: you know, it's difficult to map 19 keys, I thought that my solution were the only acceptable in order to have all keys available. :-)
About video (PAL vs. NTSC): I'm from Italy, I have a PAL wii where I developed/tested it, and I don't have any problem about it, but some other users had some jittering/scrolling problem in the selection page: have you fixed it maybe for ntsc?
About USB: Great! A question: some intellivision ECS games need a keyboard to be played, have you tried (maybe with a hub) to see if keyboard still work?
Anyway, I just released the 1.0.2 version with new sources, if you want to rebuild a new version with USB support.
Bye!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?