Emulators/Homebrew in DSi Mode

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by drfsupercenter, Mar 23, 2011.

Mar 23, 2011
  1. drfsupercenter
    OP

Member drfsupercenter Flash Cart Aficionado

United States
    OK, so, I've been doing more experimenting with my iEvolution and I've come up with the following.

This is referring to DSi mode, by the way. Most of these work fine in normal DS compatibility mode.

NesDS - the newest version that I got off gbatemp's homepage does work properly. Version 0.45a. The older ones didn't work properly.
    SNemulDS - it works fine, but the games are actually MORE CHOPPY than compatibility mode. Skipping all over the place and the sound jumps around. Perhaps due to the faster CPU?
    Lameboy - Tried both version 0.11 and 0.12. Both of them "work", but there's no sound for any of my games. [​IMG]
    ClIRC - does not work. It can't use the Wi-Fi unless it's in DS mode.
    DSLinux - does not work. It just shows a bunch of crap on the screen and won't boot up, in either mode.
    DSOrganize 3.2 - Same problem as any other flash cart, it works in DSi mode OR DS mode, but neither one works if the Wi-Fi is enabled.

Anyone else have any programs that work or don't work? I'd like to get a collection of working homebrew on my card. [​IMG]

Also, anyone got Lameboy to work with sound? I'm really bummed that it doesn't. I swear, when I first tried the card it worked fine, but now for whatever reason it won't (after updating to 0.12 then going back to 0.11)

2. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Lameboy works at 100% speed at almost all times in DS mode.
    What advantage is there to running it in DSi mode?

3. drfsupercenter
    OP

United States
    When you press L to fast-forward the ROM, it goes just a little bit faster.

And really, it's the fact that I keep the card in DSi mode so I can play DSi-enhanced ROMs and I don't feel like having to change back and forth to use homebrew.

4. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Most DSi-enhanced roms don't even have the DSi parts correctly dumped to begin with.

5. mercluke

Member mercluke ‮҉

Australia
    was there a noticable speed increase with anything or just slight?

6. drfsupercenter
    OP

United States
    I only have like 6 GBC games on my card at the moment, it's only slight for now but depending on the game it may be noticeable.

Really, I'm just curious if anyone has gotten Lameboy to work with sound in DSi mode. My reasons for wanting to do so shouldn't matter.

7. T3GZdev

Member T3GZdev head of T3GZdev

United States
  8. drfsupercenter
    OP

United States
    Alrighty, sure, no problem.

Yes, it shows DSi mode and before pressing start, it's running at 60FPS, Polygon RAM is 2, Vertex RAM fluctuates between 7 and 9, and CPU% is 654.

When in the program itself the CPU% is between 850 and 950.

Not sure what to make of those numbers - but hopefully that helps you! Anyway, it seems to run fine, I just can't figure out how to use the darn thing LOL

9. SickPuppy

Member SickPuppy New Member

United States
    I couldn't get DSmasterPlus v1.3 to load any roms in DSi or DS mode, in my DSi XL. It did load roms in my DS lite, in DS mode.

jEnesisDS 0.7.4 worked fine in my DSi XL in DSi mode and DS mode, it also worked fine in my DS lite.

colecoDS v2.1 worked fine in my DSi XL in both modes, and worked fine in my DS lite.

The Sandbox Engine for me was running 60fps before start, and about 800fps after start, in DSi XL.

10. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    change the cpu speed to normal.

-another world