Hacking emulator with wiimote support

brille

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Are there any emulators (nes, snes) out there that supports the use of wiimote or classic controller for the wii?
Except the virtual console that is.

DEF-

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are there any emulators (nes, snes) out there that supports the use of wiimote or classic controller for the wii?

No, and there never will be one until we have Wii homebrew support. All homebrew currently only run in GC-mode,
and can only access GC controllers.

But you can probally modify a classic controller to work in GC mode, but would be very hard and require lots of soldering.

-KangaRod-

Trophies
Website
kangarod.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Canada

No, and there never will be one until we have Wii homebrew support. All homebrew currently only run in GC-mode,
and can only access GC controllers.

But you can probally modify a classic controller to work in GC mode, but would be very hard and require lots of soldering.
I dunno. I just checked, and it looks like the VC remote has a lot more pins to it.

-KangaRod-

Trophies
Website
kangarod.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Canada
What did you expect? they're completely different, to get them to work together would take a lot of changes I think
smile.gif
A lot of Nintendo stuff has been the same for a while. Why do you think you can get that little adaptor that lets you use your nes or snes controller through a gamecube port?

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Those have nothing to do with being the same. You can also get a PS Dual Shock -> GC but that doesn't make them the same either. It's a matter of redirecting inputs/outputs to the right places. That's what those converters essentially do.

-KangaRod-

Trophies
Website
kangarod.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Canada
couldn't you just use the hori digital gc pad?
dude, finding one of those will be next to impossible. I was in Tokyo last weekend, and I scoured Akihabara (the electronics district) and saw some of the coolest nintendo and other shit; but no Hori digital. I got back from Tokyo and my buddy at the local store was like, you'll never guess what someone traded in while you were in Tokyo....

I couldn't believe it and it was only 10 bucks!

hanman

I'm a pretty lucky guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think maybe the OP was talking about a emulator on the PC that supports the wiimote. if so, then yes. i remember seeing a video recently of a guy playing Zelda: OoT on his PC with the wiimote.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dude, finding one of those will be next to impossible. I was in Tokyo last weekend, and I scoured Akihabara (the electronics district) and saw some of the coolest nintendo and other shit; but no Hori digital. I got back from Tokyo and my buddy at the local store was like, you'll never guess what someone traded in while you were in Tokyo....

I couldn't believe it and it was only 10 bucks!

They are quite common in the UK - whenever I pass a gamestation there is usually at least one pre-owned in the window.

moshii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Those have nothing to do with being the same. You can also get a PS Dual Shock -> GC but that doesn't make them the same either. It's a matter of redirecting inputs/outputs to the right places. That's what those converters essentially do.

Except those inputs and outputs are multiplexed or serialised... The way that is done is what really differs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30