Hacking Emulation questions

damessh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently got my DS two all set up and working, but have several questions about non-DS games and their various emulators that I cannot seem to find the answers to. If someone could point me toward relevant threads or provide some answers I would be most appreciative.

1. Running jEnesisDS I do not know how to adjust the screen resolution, ala catsfc. As such, playing some games, notably Shadowrun, is really difficult. Is there any easy way to adjust the screen for better visibility?

2. Using Tempgba 1.43, Final fantasy Tactics Advance will lock up after roughly 5 minutes. This occurs whether just browsing menus or in the combat interface. No other gba games seem to have lock ups, and I have experimented with different CPU speeds in the tempgba settings to no avail. Is it likely to be my ROM or is it a problem with the emulator?

3. Are there cheat files available for jEnesis, catsfc, and gbatemp? Being able to finally beat Chakan or Ogre Battle would be great.

4. Using the latest usrcheat for ds games, some of the cheats are too long to be read on the ds two. Is there a way to modify the length of the cheat codes so they can be fully read mid-game?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
2. TempGBA 1.44 works around a problem with random crashing in all ROMs that can't constantly display at 60 FPS. 1.44 is forced to render at 30 FPS instead. Download that version and try again. :)

3. [CATSFC, TempGBA] CATSFC accepts the cheat pack known as the MightyMo SNES pack. See CATSFC's readme file: https://github.com/ShadauxCat/CATSFC#cheats . TempGBA has some cheat support, but I can never remember where the SC team's released cheat pack was.

1 and 4 are already answered, and I know nothing about jenesisDS.

damessh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys, got it all sorted out with the new version of GBAtemp and a more careful reading of the first posts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: