Emulation on Switch Console

tommills

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone advise the best way to emulate Ds and 3ds games with best performance?

Retroarch on horizon os vs android boot?
Standalone emulators on horizon or android?

Ive heard of melon ds, desmume, drastic for android and citra core for retroarch and citra for android.

So many options does anyone have any advise, experience to share?

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drastic on Android is by far the best DS performance, it runs games smoothly on much lesser hardware. Although it still has graphical bugs in places. Be sure to turn off "sleep in render thread" in advanced options to cut down on stutter.

Melon DS standalone for Horizion is decent, needs overclocking though and some games may still be shy of fullspeed.

Don't even think about desmume, its heavily reliant on a strong CPU. Even desktops can be brought to their knees when you increase the render resolution.

I would not bother with 3DS. There's some patreon-only Horizon betas of Citra but they don't seem to run very fast. And the dev seems busy working for Evercade now. Some android build of citra is your better but but its still going to be bad.

Reactions: BigOnYa

tommills

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I mainly want to play through the pokemon games, so i should install android and drastic emulator. Citra for android is my best bet for the 3ds games.
Thank you the info, it's much appreciated

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone advise the best way to emulate Ds and 3ds games with best performance?

Retroarch on horizon os vs android boot?
Standalone emulators on horizon or android?

Ive heard of melon ds, desmume, drastic for android and citra core for retroarch and citra for android.

So many options does anyone have any advise, experience to share?
the best way? a 3ds with a r4 cart otherwise you are going to get subpar performance at best

tommills

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Your computer or phone will be able to better emulate 3DS games than the Switch.
I got really good performance from melonds for pokemon. The citra core was playable once the switch was overclocked to 1785mhz with some stutter mainly in cut scenes. In the end i decided to buy a new 2ds xl for £100 and installed cfw. Now i can play every pokemon game from red/blue to ultra sun/moon. I wanted a new 3ds xl but they are hard to find in good condition and have got expensive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn