Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey we all know ds can't emulate Sega CD but how about if you could use the DS's 2 CPUs and DSTwos Cpus Together? so it would be like Quad CPU. infact maybe if someone did this they could emulate N64 (This is for you Whoever is creating DS64)!
If it's not possable then i will delete this topic

junkerde

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MarioandLuigi150 said:
Hey we all know ds can't emulate Sega CD but how about if you could use the DS's 2 CPUs and DSTwos Cpus Together? so it would be like Quad CPU. infact maybe if someone did this they could emulate N64 (This is for you Whoever is creating DS64)!
sorry my friend, even the ds cpu couldnt emulate gba so they needed the DSTwo's cpu's to work with it. if gba was a problem before, then this will probably not work.

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
junkerde said:
MarioandLuigi150 said:
sorry my friend, even the ds cpu couldnt emulate gba so they needed the DSTwo's cpu's to work with it. if gba was a problem before, then this will probably not work.
you didn't read my full post didn't you i said using all 4 CPUS (DSTwo has 2 DS has 2)

palasx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The arm7, the second CPU in the DS is used for sound while playing DS games, used for GBA slot 2 games, and is in fact exactly as powerful as a GBA. adding it to the arm9 (the main DS cpu), the DSTwo's onboard CPU (theres only one i beleive), you still dont have enough power.

Add to this the storage issue. Some of those sega CD games were LARGE, and banking that much data in and out of memory fast enough (which i assume is what you wanted the arm7 to be doing?) just isnt going to work. Plus (dont quote me on this im probably wrong) there isnt a way for the arm7 and arm9 to share memory like that in DS mode.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Small correction, the ARM7 is 33 MHz, underclocked to 16 MHz when in GBA mode. In DS mode, it's just barely powerful enough to decode MP3 files in real-time as long as the bitrate isn't too high (as evidenced by Tuna-viDS)

palasx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, yes, i forgot completely about the down-clock on the arm7 when restarted in gba mode, thank you!
smile.gif

so yeah, other than THAT....same thign i said earlier.

where did you get four CPUs again?

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
palasx said:
Ah, yes, i forgot completely about the down-clock on the arm7 when restarted in gba mode, thank you!
smile.gif

so yeah, other than THAT....same thign i said earlier.

where did you get four CPUs again?
in a video review of the ds2 the guy said "here you can see the two cpus" and i know ds has 2 so 4 cpus

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv