Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
So, I have been thinking. I want to get either the EZ Flash 3-in-1 or the Elink 512Mbit?

I want the EZ Flash because everyelse uses it and says its good. But, you can only hold one game on it each time which makes me a little mad.

I want the Elink because you can hold more than one game and its supposed to be pretty good. But, It didn't even get an award on GBAtemp reviews, and I still don't what it means by you can't delete the games it just replaces them.

They are both the same price just about.

Please someone help me decide?!

diglett

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think it depends what you want to do with it. If you want a companion for the DS to play GBA games, the 3in1 or Ewin expansion would be a good fit. If you want a complete flash solution, get the Elink.

About the deleting games/replacing them, I believe the issue is that the cart can't handle fragmented files like most external memory based cards. It's not ideal, but not a deal breaker in my opinion.

diglett

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Flash is a general term for the memory used by the cartridges discussed on this site. They are all "flash cartridges." You do not need to flash your DS to use either of the products you have mentioned.

If you intend to use this with your DS and have a slot-1 cart that supports the 3in1 or other expansion card, I would personally lean toward that option. Especially so if you have a DS Lite.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nah, i have a DS Phat and its too much of a risk for me, because I don't have the money to buy another DS.

Thanks for clearing that up though!
You can always get the DS Phat sized 3in1 expansion from here.
smile.gif

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, i was looking into that. But, i still don't like the fact that you can only put one game on it.
Your gba roms are stored on your microsd in the slot1. You load a game from there to the 3in1 to play it. Unless you are planning on playing two game simultaneously, there is no shortcoming in this design.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.