Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello all!
laugh.gif
I just started it a couple days ago. I am learning German through "Mind Your Language: lern deutsch."

how good do you think the language games are for the ds for learning? How are they to you playing and helping?
huh.gif

So far I only know a few adjectives and nouns and two articles. I don't like the obstical course things. Other than that and the It seems like it is good and it helps me, but I am not a professional on languages and what not... I am just learning german for the hell of it, and it sounds awesome when they are angry
laugh.gif

3415.jpg

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Fel said:
For Japanese there is the "Your Training Couch: Japanese" DS game.
smile.gif

Training couch? As in a couch that you use to train?
Anyways, I've done a bit of my Japanese couch, seemed ok, but I guess you shouldn't expect to be at university level when you finish.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of these games aren't really Rosetta Stone or anything. They're just small phrase teaching tools. Odds are you'll learn some phrases as well as some minor grammar stuff, but you won't be chatting it up with the German milk maids down the street any time soon. Personally, I'd just pirate Rosetta Stone if I wanted to learn a language.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rosetta Stone is a very popular torrent, damn.
Average of 1.5MB/s
Been meaning to learn japanese so Bamco can stop screwing me over by not bringing games to english... (though I hate the language =_= So it'll be a real love-hate relationship when learning it)

and lol, I took German in grade 8.
I was pretty good, but now I can only remember very simple phrases that probably aren't grammatically correct. Like "Du bist doof"

Ultralex

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Tja pech wenn man nich in deutschland wohnt,auf die art kann man eine der schwersten Sprachen von anfang an.
tranlate that!

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ultralex said:
Tja pech wenn man nich in deutschland wohnt,auf die art kann man eine der schwersten Sprachen von anfang an.
tranlate that!
Bad luck if you don't live in Germany, that's where you can speak one of the hardest languages from the beginning.

Is that a good translation (only used google for the last bit
rolleyes.gif
)

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
scrtmstr said:
Ultralex said:
tranlate that!
Bad luck if you don't live in Germany, that's where you can speak one of the hardest languages from the beginning.

Is that a good translation (only used google for the last bit
rolleyes.gif
)

Yeah sounds good.
If you can speak Dutch, you can understand a lot of German just by thinking a bit.

Also, you may speak German well (it's your mother language after all), but you can't speak English well.
It's translate, not tranlate.

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
well I like those learning games...they keep you motivated

I learned for my theoretical driving test with one

Getting_Better

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fabi280 said:
Ultralex said:
tranlate that!

Where do i have to live to learn Latin from the beginning - Much harder language.

You'll need a time machine, I'm afraid. Perhaps if you're lucky, someone'll make a TARDIS homebrew for the DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up