Hacking EFA Linker 256 in Canada?

akbar_k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to get the EFA Linker 256 to ship to Toronto. I just got a GBA a few days ago and I want to try out some games. I'm not much of a gamer but for the price I got it for (60$) I think it will be fun.

I read that the EFA Linker 256 is a good choice, it runs games at full speed and is highly compatible. I was going to buy the Super Card SD but decided against it when I read about slowdowns and incompatibilities.

Does all this make sense? Anyone know where I can buy this online to ship to Canada?

Thanks!

butaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i believe there are better/newer options for you, there are 2 online stores 1 based in toronto , other in mtl i think
gamersection.ca and kicktrading.ca (might have mixed up the .com/.ca) i've ordered from kicktrading and their shipping is fast (2 days!)

as well, ezflash 2/3/4 would be good too i have 4 (lite for ds) and so far theres no real problems, the rom has to be loaded to card in my case but its really quick like 10 sec or less, then you can just play for ever long you want

akbar_k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the quick responses, it's appreciated.

I only want a flash cart for the GBA, I don't see myself using a DS for at least a year, and by then I won't have a problem buying another cart strictly for the DS.

The two sites gamersection.ca and kicktrading.ca seem pretty good.

Is the EZ Flash 3 or 4 good for my needs?

Is it better than the EFA Linker II 1G ?
http://www.gamersection.ca/product_info.ph...&products_id=44

I would rather buy the EFA Linker 256 because I only see myself having 2-3 games on it at a time and it's cheaper. It's also well known and stable according to what I've read. Does this jive with your experience?
http://www.gamersection.ca/product_info.ph...&products_id=46

Thanks

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I still use my EFA Linker 256mbit to this very day for anything GBA. Fantastic cart, fabulous write times. But... sometimes a certain order of certain roms can cause it not to boot. I have no idea why this problem happens. Menus are very simple, some DS support as well but it hasn't been updated in ages. If you don't mind limited space, and I sure as hell don't, the cart is good.

Oh, and if you do buy it, download the software right away. Their site can be unbelievably slow. Like 2kb/s.

akbar_k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks everyone and especially PharaohsVizier.

Price is really an issue, but you're selling me on the EZ Flash 3. It's almost double the price of the EFA Linker 256 but you say that the support forums are active, and that it's been proven to you to be an excellent card.

I know I'm harping on, but I want to triple-check that my needs are going to be met with this rather expensive cart.

Please bear in mind that I bought the GBA SP new for 67$ canadian after tax a few days ago
wink.gif
I bought one game, Yoshi Topsy-Turvy, and though it's decent, I don't feel it was worth the 45$ I paid for it
frown.gif
I just want to make sure that the approx 100$ canadian after shipping I pay for the EZ Flash 3 will be worth it to me.

I want to play games at top speed, as if I had the original cartridge. I don't want boss battles to be easier because I'm playing off a slow cartridge, something I heard about the Super Card SD which put me off it completely.

I want my save games to not get corrupted. I don't mind backing up my save games off the cart every two weeks or so, but more often and it'll be a drag.

I really want game compatibility. I want to play the big hit games as well as try some relatively unknown games as well.

I also want to try some of the games that I don't even know how they work or what they're about, such as the Pokemon series. All I know about it is that Pikachu is a strange electric cat tiger
biggrin.gif
I've heard that they require a real-time clock, so I'd like to have it.

Does this sound reasonable to expect? I really appreciate the time you're taking to answer my posts.

Lastly, is this the correct cartridge in question?
http://www.gamersection.ca/product_info.ph...&products_id=48

Thank you.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EFA and the EZ3 are both equally "best" ... the EZ3 can certainly hold more, but its design is a little more complicated. I opted for EFA because even though it holds fewer games at once, they boot instantly. Also, I believe that EFA's compatibility is very slightly better ... some of the 1M Flash saves like SMB3 work straight up in EFA, but require a SRAM patch on EZ3. I may be WAY wrong about this ... especially since I didn't follow EZ3 after I bought the EFA.

I now own 2 EFA carts ... the 256 and the 512. The ease of use is unbeatable, and the performance is 100% what you want.

I don't think you can go wrong with the EZ3, and the EFA is getting hard to come by. But I just thought it deserved a little defense after someone said the EZ3 was better. IMHO, they both kick ass.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc