EEPROM gba sav types

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Aurora003, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Aurora003
    OP

Aurora003 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2008
    United States
    Hellos.

I'm trying to find exactly how to make my Zelda Minish Cap game save work in VBA. I started playing it in Akaio's gba loader and I trim off the first 16 bytes of data just to see if it'll work in VBA and it doesn't.

Then I played it on the original cartridge and ripped the save via Rudolph's GBA Backup Tool v0.21 and launched it in VBA. VBA couldn't read the file.

I know I'm doing something wrong, I just dunno what. >

2. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    Copy the rom to a new location and launch it in VBA so it creates its own save file. Open this save file in a hex editor. Open your dumped save file in a hex editor. They should be very, very similar. If not, then check and see if the order of every 8 bytes is reversed. If this is the case, then you simply need a program that can reverse the order of every 8 bytes. There's a Perl script to do this, and I myself have made a Matlab scrip to do it, and there might be another program written in another language that's easier to run without having to install anything but I'm not entirely sure.