EEPROM gba sav types

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Aurora003, Aug 18, 2009.

Aug 18, 2009

EEPROM gba sav types by Aurora003 at 2:46 AM (784 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. Aurora003
    OP

Newcomer Aurora003 Member

United States
    Hellos.

I'm trying to find exactly how to make my Zelda Minish Cap game save work in VBA. I started playing it in Akaio's gba loader and I trim off the first 16 bytes of data just to see if it'll work in VBA and it doesn't.

Then I played it on the original cartridge and ripped the save via Rudolph's GBA Backup Tool v0.21 and launched it in VBA. VBA couldn't read the file.

I know I'm doing something wrong, I just dunno what. >

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Copy the rom to a new location and launch it in VBA so it creates its own save file. Open this save file in a hex editor. Open your dumped save file in a hex editor. They should be very, very similar. If not, then check and see if the order of every 8 bytes is reversed. If this is the case, then you simply need a program that can reverse the order of every 8 bytes. There's a Perl script to do this, and I myself have made a Matlab scrip to do it, and there might be another program written in another language that's easier to run without having to install anything but I'm not entirely sure.