OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
hendricks266.duke4.net
XP
Country
United States
EDuke32 Wii, a port of Duke Nukem 3D using EDuke32 has been released.

icon.png

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/EDuke32_Wii
http://wiki.eduke32....iki/EDuke32_Wii

For the time being this is unstable and is likely to crash.

Latest Version: r2729 Milestone 1

Credits

Special thanks to tueidj who did the actual porting work.

gumgod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems to run smooth, but I didn't play much. I hate the way the controls are mapped by default. Since you're turning with the wii mote you should be strafing with the left and right on the control stick, instead you turn in circles if you press left or right. Also the wii remote has a trigger button, why is A fire? I did re-map some of the controls in game, but still really didn't play it much. Also most of the audio works without doing the extra setups. I think the extra audio setup may be for in game music. I may try it again today and see if classic controller works.

haazenpfeffer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, in really does not suffer from much lag, but the controls are REALLY bad. It appears to support the Wii Classic Controller, which is what I prefer to use, but getting the controls mapped is a real pain. Is there any hope that a good control configuration file can be made and saved, and then shared with other people? If this was the case, we could all share one good control scheme config file rather than each of us having a hard time getting it done individually. Aside from controls, the load times are not horrible, and the sound effects all sound fine. The only major issue that I found is that the gamma/brightness can not be adjusted, and it's a bit dark for my liking.

Reactions: 1 person

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I think there's no way to save your controller settings, or at least I can't do that, other thing that is annoying is the controller sensitivity, only a small horizontal movement cause a big turning.
I couldn't steup the analog stick sensitivity, neither configure the dead zone.
I would be happy to share my controller scheme (based on classic controller) if only I knew how save my settings =P

Hendricks266

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
hendricks266.duke4.net
XP
Country
United States
So far, it looks like feedback is:
  • CONTROLS! I have not touched the controls in the code myself and they are first on my list.
  • Crashes. It appears that the game crashes whenever the player dies, which at least will help me fix the problem.
  • Saving preferences. I don't know why this does not work (does it?) but I will look into it.
Also most of the audio works without doing the extra setups. I think the extra audio setup may be for in game music.
Yes, setting up a soundfont for Timidity is only necessary for the MIDI music.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
So far, it looks like feedback is:
  • CONTROLS! I have not touched the controls in the code myself and they are first on my list.
  • Crashes. It appears that the game crashes whenever the player dies, which at least will help me fix the problem.
  • Saving preferences. I don't know why this does not work (does it?) but I will look into it.
Also most of the audio works without doing the extra setups. I think the extra audio setup may be for in game music.

Yes, setting up a soundfont for Timidity is only necessary for the MIDI music.

Nice,looking forward for the next release, thanks for reading our feedback ;D

Hendricks266

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
hendricks266.duke4.net
XP
Country
United States

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You shouldn't be posting builds unless you're compiling with the modified SDL and AESND libraries, otherwise the performance will be crap.

Gan1664

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It is very good !

However i can't manage to map the controls and i can't manage to save because i can't manage to call the settings page from inside the game (maybe because of the wii mote plus ?!?!).

Hendricks266

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
hendricks266.duke4.net
XP
Country
United States
Here is r2729, Milestone 1!

The crashes that occurred whenever the screen tilted (such as when the player died) have been fixed by EDuke32 Team member and guru Helixhorned.

I have put a lot of work into improving the controls, especially in the menus. Be sure to reset your configuration to defaults by moving your cfg files to a backup location. (This is using the Wii Remote + Nunchuk configuration, and, untested, the Classic Controller. GameCube controller support is possible and planned but it will take a lot of modification of EDuke32 to support multiple joysticks at the same time.)

Configuration files and the log file should also flush to disk correctly.

This build has been compiled with libogc 1.8.11 and a modified libaesnd by tueidj. If you set up a build environment with the modified SDL Wii, you will want to do it again because SDL Wii has been re-modified to incorporate the modified libaesnd, which I should have done in the first place.

Code:
   "Open", // A
"Fire", // B
"Run", // 1
"Map", // 2
"Previous_Weapon", // -
"Next_Weapon", // +
"", // Home
"Jump", // Z
"Crouch", // C
"Map", // X
"Run", // Y
"Jump", // L
"Fire", // R
"Crouch", // ZL
"Inventory", // ZR
"Quick_Kick", // D-Pad Up
"Inventory_Right", // D-Pad Right
"Inventory", // D-Pad Down
"Inventory_Left", // D-Pad Left
The D-Pad, A, B, and Home have special coding for the menus so they have intuitive meanings regardless of how you configure their buttons.

Hendricks266 can fix the problem when you die locks and put the game save.
However i can't manage to map the controls and i can't manage to save because i can't manage to call the settings page from inside the game (maybe because of the wii mote plus ?!?!).
These problems are fixed to my knowledge.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night