Homebrew WIP EdiZon SE : Advance memory trainer and pointer seacher for switch

Have you used EdiZon SE?

• No

Votes: 31 14.2%
  • Yes, I love it, keep doing that you are doing

Votes: 135 61.9%
  • Yes, I like it but I wish you spend more time with the UI, stop adding features

Votes: 26 11.9%
  • Yes, but I have given up, it's too hard to use

Votes: 26 11.9%

• Total voters

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
@TomSwitch , is it possible for you to change the key to exit the memory viewer from zl+b to just b? I have messed up my memory dump .dmp1 (it creates jumpback data and overwrites dmp1) tons of times when trying to exit the memory viewer thinking that b is the button to puress to exit/goback like any other apps or games

Reactions: crazy_p

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in your screenshots, your search results are all showing 8 digits, I think you are confused because you are counting 0s at the front, where ever you see MAIN+ or HEAP+, that would be the same address you get if you are using sx os
no, as this was a random scan on main, normally if its not all 10 digits are filled
@TomSwitch , is it possible for you to change the key to exit the memory viewer from zl+b to just b? I have messed up my memory dump .dmp1 (it creates jumpback data and overwrites dmp1) tons of times when trying to exit the memory viewer thinking that b is the button to puress to exit/goback like any other apps or games
The UI could do with a re write and remove majority of the button commands and have them as on screen options when performing a search.

Changing code type while in a search is pointless because it doesnt work if you start a known search and want to do less than or greater than and vice versa.

But yea, you'd think by default B would be Back button, ZL+B to go back.

Again, no offence, but it feels like you are trying to make your tools look impressive with all these button commands.

And @TomSwitch, 9 times today trying to do u8 scan it froze my console up.

So could we look into this, i never had any problems on the older build before i updated.

We cant really count a download total vs people reporting issues because majority are likely downloading just to enable cheats they get off here and don't make cheats.

And a small handful of us on here use it for making cheats, the rest are more advanced and have their own tools or do asm.

Its possitive criticism end users suggesting ideas to make it easier to use and sometimes when something is your own work, you may not see past it been your work and think its impressive and good, but may not see its making tasks a little harder than needed to be and could be made easier if we made little changes.

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, as this was a random scan on main, normally if its not all 10 digits are filled

The UI could do with a re write and remove majority of the button commands and have them as on screen options when performing a search.

Changing code type while in a search is pointless because it doesnt work if you start a known search and want to do less than or greater than and vice versa.
It does, after an unknown search or a range search what you get is a list of address and previous values, some search needs previous value, address list is good for all search. Use your game hacking skill to figure out what the app does.
But yea, you'd think by default B would be Back button, ZL+B to go back.

Again, no offence, but it feels like you are trying to make your tools look impressive with all these button commands.

And @TomSwitch, 9 times today trying to do u8 scan it froze my console up.

So could we look into this, i never had any problems on the older build before i updated.

We cant really count a download total vs people reporting issues because majority are likely downloading just to enable cheats they get off here and don't make cheats.
Saying it don't work and not user friendly does not help anyone. You say it don't work, I say it work where to we go from here? I won't be proving to you that it works and you are not taking my word for it that it works, why should I take your word that it does not work? Check with people who you trust if it works for them.
And a small handful of us on here use it for making cheats, the rest are more advanced and have their own tools or do asm.

Its possitive criticism end users suggesting ideas to make it easier to use and sometimes when something is your own work, you may not see past it been your work and think its impressive and good, but may not see its making tasks a little harder than needed to be and could be made easier if we made little changes.
Love it for what it is or leave it if there isn't anything to love.

A simple thank you is enough, say what you like is even better, no need to tell me what you don't like, I don't need to know what would make you happier. Users have to learn how to use an app, there are those who do and there are those that won't, I accept them as they are and all are welcome to use it to what ever extent it may be.

I believe people like the tools that they know how to use already rather than something unfamiliar. No matter what I do that fundamental won't change. The only thing that will is time. After they have spend time some of them may like what I did.

Last edited by TomSwitch,
Reactions: Yetiski

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, from time to time I too press B when I wanted to exit memory explorer too. The problem with UI is once it has been out there for some time people got used to it and changes may not be better for everyone.

Very early on I learn the lesson that UI is for the real users and not what is good for the imaginary user. The real users has a history, what they are used to and expect to see plays an important role and changes better be really fantastic or they are just not worth it.

If it wasn't made to be ZL+B, I agree B would be better. Now it is not clearly better. Even for myself I might end up pressing ZL+B when I want to exit memory explorer since it is already part of my muscle memory.

The problem really is consistency and the UI I made isn't consistent. But since it has been like this for some time making major change isn't necessary good for people who have already learned how the app behave.

QWERTY keyboard layout was design for the mechanical type writer and has been shown to be not the best for human. How many human would prefer a new layout that is "Good" for them? Dvorak keyboard layout is suppose to be better but clearly it is not so much better to warrant the effort for people to relearn how to type. I suspect nothing can until the death of keyboard.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, from time to time I too press B when I wanted to exit memory explorer too. The problem with UI is once it has been out there for some time people got used to it and changes may not be better for everyone.

Very early on I learn the lesson that UI is for the real users and not what is good for the imaginary user. The real users has a history, what they are used to and expect to see plays an important role and changes better be really fantastic or they are just not worth it.

If it wasn't made to be ZL+B, I agree B would be better. Now it is not clearly better. Even for myself I might end up pressing ZL+B when I want to exit memory explorer since it is already part of my muscle memory.

The problem really is consistency and the UI I made isn't consistent. But since it has been like this for some time making major change isn't necessary good for people who have already learned how the app behave.

QWERTY keyboard layout was design for the mechanical type writer and has been shown to be not the best for human. How many human would prefer a new layout that is "Good" for them? Dvorak keyboard layout is suppose to be better but clearly it is not so much better to warrant the effort for people to relearn how to type. I suspect nothing can until the death of keyboard.
pretty sure not a lot of people is comfortable with zl+b to exit, try to make a poll for people to vote maybe ?

if not, then it is possible to release a buildable source code so that users could edit it to B by themselves? the current source code is not buildable for unknown reason

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretty sure not a lot of people is comfortable with zl+b to exit, try to make a poll for people to vote maybe ?

if not, then it is possible to release a buildable source code so that users could edit it to B by themselves? the current source code is not buildable for unknown reason
The problem is probably you have newer version of libnx that has remove the hid calls that the code use. Frankly speaking I don't see any advantage of the change and it is a lot of work to update the code. This is one problem with Switch home brew development. They change libnx so that projects that is some what old can't be build with the latest libnx.

It's a serious version control problem that not all dependency is under version control. Recently I found that my copy of libnx is not able to build edizon rewrite anymore. Didn't have enough knowledge on the topic to know why. Didn't have enough motivation to dig further. At one time it just worked and my guess is some update I made to libnx broke it.

I think it is hard for me but for someone who is more capable with this kind of change it may be very easy to make the source compatible with the latest libnx. If you have such a friend he can probably do it for you with no sweat.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This could be a good idea, see what users think.

I think not making changes to improve because its how it has been and people might be used to it, doesn't make sense.

Keeping it this way and say get used to it, is the same as saying lets make improvements and get used to the changes.

Its about making something better and easier to use.

B by default gamers associates it as the Back or cancel button.

Think the same with too many button commands, makes things harder than needed to be.

I cant say 100% but im sure majority users dont use it to create codes, majority take what we make here or off other sites.

And i think there's only a small handful of people here providing cheats using edizion.

I dont know why, since updating when performing u8 scan, i am getting system freeze on 2nd or 3rd dump.

Maybe others havent bothered to report is maybe if they have, if its only one or so, its not an issue as you've said to me.

Ive nothing to gain by saying since the update edizion seems to be crashing on u8 scans.

I thought the feedback would be helpful to make changes and improve and fix the app.

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1637508543919.png

Maybe a year later you might love my garbage UI too.

I think the UI can be better and I have no desire to make it better at the moment.

It will be like this in the foreseeable future. May add features now and then, probably a better use of my time by a good margin as those who don't like my UI won't like it until that quote happened and no effort from me is going to really make a significant difference anyway.

I have not hear a single complain about the need to press connect, refresh pid, click around the list of pid to find the game title id, then finally press attach to process to make use of Jnoexs. People are all used to it and no one thank me for making it a one click on pointer search se to attach to game and two click for Jnoexs to attach to game.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah, feedback is for improvements from a daily user's point of view
currently, the biggest problem I have with edizon se is that dmp1 memory dump gets overwritten by jumpback data or pointer search
hope this problem could be adjusted in a future release

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, feedback is for improvements from a daily user's point of view
currently, the biggest problem I have with edizon se is that dmp1 memory dump gets overwritten by jumpback data or pointer search
hope this problem could be adjusted in a future release
A quick work around is to create a dmp1 so the one that you want to keep won't be dmp1. I had a look when you first told me about this concern, it wasn't an easy change. To make a dmp1 is very easy, just initiate a dump then immediately abort. Press Home would abort the dump but it will also leave the game frozen, to resume the game launch edizon se again and exit by pressing B which will resume the game. If you are using profile to launch edizon se the the sequence is home (go to home screen), up, a (launch edizon se), rstick (enter memory explorer), b (make dmp1, game is frozen when the dump is being made), home (back to home screen which abort the dump), up, a (launch edizon se), b (quite edizon se which will resume the game, edizon se will be relaunch again automatically), home(quit to home screen), home (back to game).

Not that nice but it isn't that hard either. When I press B by accident this is what I have to do. Wasn't annoying enough for me to want to change the button assignment.

Maybe one day I will make edizon se catch the home key and resume the game to save a few keys from this sequence. Probably will do it if I remember the next time I look at making a release.

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users