Homebrew WIP EdiZon SE : Advance memory trainer and pointer seacher for switch

Have you used EdiZon SE?

• No

Votes: 31 14.2%
  • Yes, I love it, keep doing that you are doing

Votes: 135 61.9%
  • Yes, I like it but I wish you spend more time with the UI, stop adding features

Votes: 26 11.9%
  • Yes, but I have given up, it's too hard to use

Votes: 26 11.9%

• Total voters

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the UI needs improvement, using one of these type on a first search to make a full memory dump is not very obvious nor that logical. Not going to fix the UI any time soon. I have update the wiki.

Last edited by TomSwitch,
D

Deleted User

I tried but could not load the Noexes dump file.
One of the best things about Noexes is that it allows you to view dynamically in memory.
EdiZon can only see in memory statically.
In EdiZon, Moon Jump can be hard to find, since it only looks statically in memory.
Therefore, I use Noexes, which allows me to see dynamically in memory.

Reactions: cucholix

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right stick down on a book mark or a found candidate brings you to a memory editor. It is not as nice as the Jnoexs one but you can perform similar task. The modified version of pointersearcher is only reading dump file made by EdiZon SE. The main purpose for pointersearcher SE at the moment is to work with EdiZon SE dump file. The dump file made by EdiZon SE has only pointer candidates. That is exactly what pointersearcher looks for in a Jnoexs dump. With dump file made by EdiZon SE "MainStart", "MainEnd", "HeapStart", "HeapEnd", "TargetAddress" is auto fill for you. After picking the dump file you can already click on "Read 1st Dump Data". Dump file made by EdiZon SE is less than 300Mbutes vs larger than 3Gbytes by Jnoexs. Time taken should be significantly less to get a dump. Jnoexs does not support range search as a type. Make two search to get the effect of range search is much slower than doing just one search.

I saw your tutorial on making moon jump. Instead of making alternate search between 0x3... and 0x4... you can just set the range to be between 0x3... and 0x4... and keep doing the search repeatedly without making any change to the setting with EdiZon SE.

What I made is what I had wish for when I was using Jnoexs and pointersearcher 0.4.

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Managed to build 14.1 with libnx compiled from source. Those on atmosphere 14.1 can now reload cheat code without relaunching the game.
https://github.com/tomvita/Atmosphere/releases

People on atmosphere 14.1 and like to be able to reload cheat code without relaunching game please test and let me know if it is OK. I am not going 14.1 anytime soon.

PS: Will only continue to built for latest release of atmosphere if there is interest, otherwise I will only built it when I need it myself.

UltimateFight

Mell-Known Member
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Managed to build 14.1 with libnx compiled from source. Those on atmosphere 14.1 can now reload cheat code without relaunching the game.
https://github.com/tomvita/Atmosphere/releases

People on atmosphere 14.1 and like to be able to reload cheat code without relaunching game please test and let me know if it is OK. I am not going 14.1 anytime soon.

PS: Will only continue to built for latest release of atmosphere if there is interest, otherwise I will only built it when I need it myself.
I test it and it seems to work fine, no more crash.

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/tomvita/EdiZon-SE/releases/tag/3.6.5

Tag pointer chain to adjacent memory added to bookmark

Sometimes items of interest can be found in adjacent memory locations of target that already have pointer chain. Now when memory editor is entered by using bookmark with pointer chain this pointer chain will be adjusted to point at the new bookmark entry as long as the final offset is less than the specified "Max Range" as specified in the pointer search setting. Once verified that this new find is good, it can be immediately added to the cheat code file without further work.

The UI does not provide good hints and some steps to get desired output is not intuitive.
To get the most out of this application please read the wiki. Some button combo are simply not documented anywhere else.
https://github.com/tomvita/EdiZon-SE/wiki

Vidness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am loving this!!! So for pointer search, I'd like to use an external tool to do the searching. Currently I use PointerSearcher 0.04. The dump I made didn't seem to work in this application. Is there a tutorial on how to get a full dump of a running game? I also love to use NOEXS. Is there a way to connect NOEXS to Edizon SE? @TomSwitch you are da man! Give me an address and I'll paypal you a donation!

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am loving this!!! So for pointer search, I'd like to use an external tool to do the searching. Currently I use PointerSearcher 0.04. The dump I made didn't seem to work in this application. Is there a tutorial on how to get a full dump of a running game? I also love to use NOEXS. Is there a way to connect NOEXS to Edizon SE? @TomSwitch you are da man! Give me an address and I'll paypal you a donation!
Check out "Steps to export dump to PC app and import results back to EdiZon SE" in the wiki https://github.com/tomvita/EdiZon-SE/wiki
Currently exchange with PC app (pointersearcher SE is the only one at the moment) is by manually transferring with third party utility. I use ftpd, you can use any method you like to access files on the SD.

Ability to directly communicate may be in the future.

As far as noexs goes unfortunately you can only use it before dmnt get attached to the game process. noexs has the detach feature which dmnt lack. So noexs can yield to dmnt and not the other way around. Currently EdiZon SE uses dmnt:cht service. Once EdiZon SE launch dmnt will attach to the game process and currently can only use noexs again after restarting the game.

I may look at whether noexs sysmodule can be use by EdiZon SE some time in the future too.

Modifying Jnoexs is a very remote possibility, Java is not so friendly to hacking. What feature of Jnoexs you want to be able to use? I am more likely to add feature to pointersearcher SE.

Thanks for the encouragement and offer of donation. I am hungry for feedback that this app is appreciated. Donation is one good KPI to measure that so I may set it up in the future. :)

Reactions: Vidness

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
somehow not all games are shown to me especially animal crossing but why is it not shown?
What do you mean by not showing? If you don't do the following I expect switch to crash when you launch EdiZon SE with ACNH running.

Not seeing any cheat being shown on the cheat list section may be a generic problem that you probably have with all dmnt cheats toggling apps and not just EdiZon SE? If that is the case dmnt probably have encountered error when parsing the (buildID).txt and has aborted from loading it.

From the wiki:

Use EdiZon SE with Animal Crossing™: New Horizons

1. The way game icon and game title is fetch have compatibility issue with ACNH. This is a work around for the time being.
  2. Put a file name noicon.txt in the edizon directory to disable game icon and title name from being processed.
  3. When "/switch/EdiZon/noicon.txt" is present EdiZon SE will not display game icon and the title name. This will stop it from crashing when ACNH is running.
  4. To go back to normal just delete noicon.txt

Vidness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check out "Steps to export dump to PC app and import results back to EdiZon SE" in the wiki https://github.com/tomvita/EdiZon-SE/wiki
Currently exchange with PC app (pointersearcher SE is the only one at the moment) is by manually transferring with third party utility. I use ftpd, you can use any method you like to access files on the SD.

Ability to directly communicate may be in the future.

As far as noexs goes unfortunately you can only use it before dmnt get attached to the game process. noexs has the detach feature which dmnt lack. So noexs can yield to dmnt and not the other way around. Currently EdiZon SE uses dmnt:cht service. Once EdiZon SE launch dmnt will attach to the game process and currently can only use noexs again after restarting the game.

I may look at whether noexs sysmodule can be use by EdiZon SE some time in the future too.

Modifying Jnoexs is a very remote possibility, Java is not so friendly to hacking. What feature of Jnoexs you want to be able to use? I am more likely to add feature to pointersearcher SE.

Thanks for the encouragement and offer of donation. I am hungry for feedback that this app is appreciated. Donation is one good KPI to measure that so I may set it up in the future. :)

I am currently experimenting with Smash ultimate. I am following the guide, I have my value and when I do a dump, a small file is dumped (124 megs). No matter what I search, my pointer isn't found in this small file. Normally when I work with Noexs, I get a dump file around 3 gigs. My sd card is exfat, if that matters. Shouldn't the game dump be around 3 giges for all of ram?

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently experimenting with Smash ultimate. I am following the guide, I have my value and when I do a dump, a small file is dumped (124 megs). No matter what I search, my pointer isn't found in this small file. Normally when I work with Noexs, I get a dump file around 3 gigs. My sd card is exfat, if that matters. Shouldn't the game dump be around 3 giges for all of ram?
124 MByte is not abnormal. EdiZon SE only dump potential pointers (value that is between heap start and heap end). That is exactly what pointersearcher 0.4 look for in Jnoexs dump. Unless there is a bug in my code the output should be exactly the same as pointersearcher 0.4 using Jnoexs dump. To clear all doubts you can do a Jnoexs dump and use pointersearcher 0.4 to see if you get a different result.

PS: By the way it was often said that don't use exfat with homebrew on switch (just google it). EdiZon SE writes to SD a lot so your risk is even higher than other homebrew. Find some temporary storage to hold your SD content and use hekate to reformat your SD to Fat32 then copy back the content. It just take some minutes. Do a check on your SD ASAP, maybe it is already corrupted (not likely to be related to your pointer search problem).

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/tomvita/EdiZon-SE/releases/tag/3.6.6

Ability to detach dmnt from game process

Some games does not work well with dmnt. With special version of dmnt https://github.com/tomvita/Atmosphere/releases/tag/v.0.13.0.1. EdiZon SE now can toggle on/off dmnt attachment to game process.

This also means now you can alternate between Jnoexs and EdiZon SE. You don't have to stop using Jnoexs until the game relaunch after you use EdiZon SE.

With this version EdiZon no longer call ForceOpenCheatProcess when it launch by default.

Use ZL+B to toggle dmnt attachment to game process.

Place a file name "autoattach.txt" in EdiZon directory to make EdiZon SE call ForceOpenCheatProcess at launch.

Reactions: Vidness

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does that means it could not find any pointer for game address that are in BASE?
That is right. It has always been this way for pointersearcher 0.4. I only change it to take dump from EdiZon SE the rest is untouched. Is there any example of memory location located in Main that needs pointer chain? I had wonder about that but right now my algorithm for in app pointer search also assume that memory location on main is a constant offset from main start.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
That is right. It has always been this way for pointersearcher 0.4. I only change it to take dump from EdiZon SE the rest is untouched. Is there any example of memory location located in Main that needs pointer chain? I had wonder about that but right now my algorithm for in app pointer search also assume that memory location on main is a constant offset from main start.
there are a few games where the address is dynamic in MAIN
https://gbatemp.net/threads/cheat-codes-ams-and-sx-os-add-and-request.520293/page-976#post-8959291
@Smoker1

Reactions: Smoker1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte