Status
Not open for further replies.

mav2010

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That JSON file looks like our config file for Super Mario Odyssey (0100000000010000.json) but those Á look like it got corrupted somehow. I honestly have no clue how it ended up in there (except may be something went wrong during backup/restore and EdiZon started writing random RAM values to your save file)

I didn‘t even have the json file for Super Mario on the SD card when I created the backup (with version 1.0.4). That file I only put on the card when I updated to the latest version as part of my testing. So the file name in my savegame dump must really have come from the binaries of Edizon... really really strange.

Phil5004

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't want to scare you, but I have at least one person who claims to have been banned for doing nothing but save editing.
Maybe he just cheated a rank or something or keep something secret
I just edited my BOTW Save to get the light bow in my inventory and made my hyrule shield unbreakable because I hate it to finish the game and still searching for Bows , swoards etc.
also, I'm not banned (atm..)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interestingly enough, it seems the user in question used this tool quite a bit. Anyways, he was banned for editing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 although to what degree I am unaware of.

WerWolv

EdiZon and Tesla Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I don't want to scare you, but I have at least one person who claims to have been banned for doing nothing but save editing.

Maybe he just cheated a rank or something or keep something secret
I just edited my BOTW Save to get the light bow in my inventory and made my hyrule shield unbreakable because I hate it to finish the game and still searching for Bows , swoards etc.
also, I'm not banned (atm..)

I think as long as you're not editing online games like Splatoon or Mario Tennis which could give you advantages over others you should be fine. Nobody's going to care if you have 10'000'000 Rupees in BotW since it won't hurt anybody else imo

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Will this support recalculating checksums on saves that have those? I think hervest moon does. if I change the money value it fails to load the save.

Reactions: WerWolv

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@thomasnet Hey, a new idea for the json configs. How about a dropdown-like widget for item replacements.
In Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for example (or any other game that utilizes items obv) you need to type the ID of the item. To make it easier for the end-user to select items by name and not by ID, I would suggest the following widget:

Code:
"widget": {
    "type":"dropdown",
    "items": [
        "Sword1":1,
        "Food2":2
    ]
}
Maybe you have a second field called "datatype" or something to also decide how many bytes to write. So "integer" or "short" to combine it with this dropdown widget.

Where something like "Sword1" is the displayed name the user can read, and the 1 is the value it injects in the save file.

Also, have you thought about another type "short" or "byte"? For just 2 byte or 1 byte long values. I encountered saves that utilize them too, but can't remember the title.
Hope I could help and give ideas.

PS: I work with C#, so the datatypes are called out by how they are named in the .NET-Framwork

Last edited by onepiecefreak,

WerWolv

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
@thomasnet Hey, a new idea for the json configs. How about a dropdown-like widget for item replacements.
In Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for example (or any other game that utilizes items obv) you need to type the ID of the item. To make it easier for the end-user to select items by name and not by ID, I would suggest the following widget:

Code:
"widget": {
    "type":"dropdown",
    "items": [
        "Sword1":1,
        "Food2":2
    ]
}
Maybe you have a second field called "datatype" or something to also decide how many bytes to write. So "integer" or "short" to combine it with this dropdown widget.

Where something like "Sword1" is the displayed name the user can read, and the 1 is the value it injects in the save file.

Also, have you thought about another type "short" or "byte"? For just 2 byte or 1 byte long values. I encountered saves that utilize them too, but can't remember the title.
Hope I could help and give ideas.

PS: I work with C#, so the datatypes are called out by how they are named in the .NET-Framwork

I have already implemented something like that. It utilizes the List selector which also gets used to select which save file to modify or which backup to restore. Not exactly dropdown but works the same ^^

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It wasn't mentioned in the official tool documentation. Is it in your fork? Would be nice to have it in the official tool. But good to know someone had the same ideas as me ^^

EDIT: Ah, I see you seem to be one of the devs of the tool itself. Sorry. Then it would be cool to update the READ.ME so the list selector can be utilized.

Last edited by onepiecefreak,

WerWolv

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
It wasn't mentioned in the official tool documentation. Is it in your fork? Would be nice to have it in the official tool. But good to know someone had the same ideas as me ^^

EDIT: Ah, I see you seem to be one of the devs of the tool itself. Sorry. Then it would be cool to update the READ.ME so the list selector can be utilized.

It comes with the next update. A lot of things will change because of the Lua scripts. Once we're ready for a release, I'll rewrite the whole documentation :)

Reactions: Type_O_Dev

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there also something planned like a repository to make configs publicly available at a central point? And therefore maybe implementing something into your tool that automatically downloads existing configs?
For example you read out the titleID and look online at this central repo if a config for it already exists, then ask if one wants to download it.

WerWolv

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Is there also something planned like a repository to make configs publicly available at a central point? And therefore maybe implementing something into your tool that automatically downloads existing configs?
For example you read out the titleID and look online at this central repo if a config for it already exists, then ask if one wants to download it.

That was the next feature we wanted to implement. I'll probably host them on my website and let EdiZon check which games you have and download these configs and scripts

Reactions: dsdavis6

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I on my part had to re-read it a 2nd to fully understand why you have script files now, and not just stick with just json configuration. Well it can be argued that save files make use of hashes to check integrity of data and the the hash needs to be updated sometime. How should EdiZon itself know that ofc. So that's fine.

But I can't shake off the feeling that it is too much overhead that could be still minimized. But I think it's feasable like that either way. Highly configurable and even programmable behaviour. It will just be nothing for the average user on the creation side. Before those lua scripts and just this "simple" json everyone could make some values visibles. Now he first needs to write a lua script around it too (even if they could just use your example lua, that basically does a normal read/write of values and nothing more)

One last suggestion and then I can start working on a Xenoblade 2 config finally :P
Can it be made possible for elements to be grouped together in like categories? Taking XC2 as an example, every possible save edit for Rex in a tab, or openable sub category called "Rex" then.
An item in the widget could just have a new element called "group" or "category". Then EdiZon can group all those with same group/category name together in a tab/subcategory.

That's it from me ^^
Thx for the new features anyway.

Type_O_Dev

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I on my part had to re-read it a 2nd to fully understand why you have script files now, and not just stick with just json configuration. Well it can be argued that save files make use of hashes to check integrity of data and the the hash needs to be updated sometime. How should EdiZon itself know that ofc. So that's fine.

But I can't shake off the feeling that it is too much overhead that could be still minimized. But I think it's feasable like that either way. Highly configurable and even programmable behaviour. It will just be nothing for the average user on the creation side. Before those lua scripts and just this "simple" json everyone could make some values visibles. Now he first needs to write a lua script around it too (even if they could just use your example lua, that basically does a normal read/write of values and nothing more)

One last suggestion and then I can start working on a Xenoblade 2 config finally :P
Can it be made possible for elements to be grouped together in like categories? Taking XC2 as an example, every possible save edit for Rex in a tab, or openable sub category called "Rex" then.
An item in the widget could just have a new element called "group" or "category". Then EdiZon can group all those with same group/category name together in a tab/subcategory.

That's it from me ^^
well put I have a bunch of offsets I want to use

WerWolv

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland

That's it from me ^^

Thank you very much for that reply!
The overhead can actually barely be noticed so this isn't a big problem for me. For the average developer, nothing will change. We will include a binary and a json parser on release that can be referenced from the config files. If your game uses one of these file types, nothing more has to be done than before. It's just now handled by Lua and not by EdiZon itself. The main benefit is this: Before you could only edit two bytes at an address. Save files stored in a string format (JSON, XML, etc.) would have been impossible like this. Now it can be easily expanded by everyone and since we'll have a site where all these scripts and configs get hosted, everybody can profit from them once they're made.

For as the grouping functionality, I think this is a great idea! I'll make a project on GitHub for that and maybe even implement that for the next release since this would be very useful, especially if you use files with many editable values.

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Glad I could help and give feedback.
I never saw string based saves tbh. But if they exist it might get in handy.
Looking forward to the group feature and the site hosting the configs and lua's.

Also 2 corrections for your wiki:
- it is spelled "Specific" not "Spessific"
- "informations" doesn't exist, it's "information" for plural too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: