XP
Country
United States

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Would delete the ticket.db, replace it with an empty file and ask the system to rebuild it work?

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
So CIA is dangerous.
If Nintendo want, they can easily get your ticket.db information and then ban your console when they discover you having fake tickets.

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick question:

Does title/ticket.db get reset when you do a factory reset??
Let's say I install FBI.cia to sysNAND, something gets written into title or ticket.db

Will the FBI entries get removed once I factory reset the 3DS?

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
If you believe the ticket.db only has one game on it at a time then you are sorely mistaken. Either that or @Ptrk25 is performing some arcane magic to make your ticket.db that "only has one game on it" show all the games you've ever installed, using Groovy CIA
Yes. I can confirm that ticket.db can have more than 1 ticket for 1 title.
For example, if 3DS-A has Pokemon X patch, 3DS-B has Pokemon X patch either, after System Transfer 3DS-A to 3DS-B, the new ticket.db will have 2 tickets about Pokemon X patch - One is bad ticket, the other is valid ticket.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just a quick question:

Does title/ticket.db get reset when you do a factory reset??
Let's say I install FBI.cia to sysNAND, something gets written into title or ticket.db

Will the FBI entries get removed once I factory reset the 3DS?
FBI will be removed.
But FBI ticket will never be removed.
Unless you use injected FBI.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
This sucks major donkey balls :(
Is there no way currently to reset the ticket.db ?
If the fake ticket existed on your SysNAND:
1) System Transfer your SysNAND to 3DS-B's emuNAND
2) Hardmod downgrade your SysNAND

If the fake ticket existed on your emuNAND & SysNAND didn't have it:
1) Re-create a brand new emuNAND

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

BTW, if you browsed your ticket.db having 000400000F980000 with GroovyCIA or CoffeeCIA, it's not a fake ticket, it's or it used to be pre-installed by Nintendo factory.
See this
https://gbatemp.net/threads/request-ctraging-3ds-debug-app-research.411704/

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MelonGx, what I meant by that is that the person claimed there was only one game on ticket.db.

But ticket.db has all of the games you have installed to your system. Not just one single app/game/title. Otherwise GroovyCia would only show the one game. But it shows all games that have been installed to your system using just one file.

And to anyone else reading this:
I for a fact know that ticket.db editing is possible because I have a ticket.db that only has the Legit CIA games on it, from all regions no less. And it does not have any system titles on it.

Reactions: MelonGx

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is a bit confusing.

I saw in another thread that it could cause people being unable to purchase a game in eshop after you installed it as a cia. But if I can't see the cia game as redownloadable in the first place will that mean I can purchase it?
Or am I completely wrong and this is another issue? :)

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a bit confusing.

I saw in another thread that it could cause people being unable to purchase a game in eshop after you installed it as a cia. But if I can't see the cia game as redownloadable in the first place will that mean I can purchase it?
Or am I completely wrong and this is another issue? :)
Yeah, if you install a CIA of a game, it will install a corrupted ticket. This ticket is what the eshop uses to determine if you have "bought" the game. On console side the 3ds reports the game has already been purchased which makes the 3DS display redownload in the eshop. But server side the game has not been purchased who he makes the download fail.

There are ways to get it to where you can purchase a game after having installed a 'corrupted ticket', but I can't exactly remember how to go about doing so.

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's strange because I made a test yesterday and uninstalled a cia game and I couldn't find it in the eshop as downloaded (obviously since I uninstalled it) or redownloadable. I couldn't even see my other cia games as downloaded...

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
So, if I install a cia and uninstall it, I will not be able to install it anymore?

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you believe the ticket.db only has one game on it at a time then you are sorely mistaken. Either that or @Ptrk25 is performing some arcane magic to make your ticket.db that "only has one game on it" show all the games you've ever installed, using Groovy CIA

@MelonGx, what I meant by that is that the person claimed there was only one game on ticket.db.

But ticket.db has all of the games you have installed to your system. Not just one single app/game/title. Otherwise GroovyCia would only show the one game. But it shows all games that have been installed to your system using just one file.
This is a misunderstanding. A ticket can only have info for a single title. The ticket.db, on the other hand, can contain multiple tickets.

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
Yeah, if you install a CIA of a game, it will install a corrupted ticket. This ticket is what the eshop uses to determine if you have "bought" the game. On console side the 3ds reports the game has already been purchased which makes the 3DS display redownload in the eshop. But server side the game has not been purchased who he makes the download fail.

There are ways to get it to where you can purchase a game after having installed a 'corrupted ticket', but I can't exactly remember how to go about doing so.
I once had a similar problem. I couldn't download a freemium game because I installed the CIA version. I don't remember the steps clearly but I remember fixing it by creating another EmuNAND, associating my NNID there and redownloading the whole software there, after that I could re-download the software in the old EmuNAND. Though I did this a long time ago, the post where I got the solution must be buried somewhere in the 3DS section of GBATemp.

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I guess the issue remains when you want to buy a game that was from another region when you installed it as a cia?

VeryCrushed

Devious Prorammer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, db stands for database lol. There won't be a universal ticket, because a ticket can only be for one title. ticket.db is just a collection of all the tickets you have. As for editing... I'm working on it, started last night.

Suiginou

(null)
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Then, legit cias aren't any special in this regard?
"Legit" CIAs are CIAs where all parts are correctly signed, meaning the ticket, tmd and contents all have valid digital signatures. They're also special because their tickets are cetk, i.e., they are signed for console id 0 and eShop account id 0, meaning they can be installed on any console. Process9 only accepts tickets signed for either the correct console and eShop account id (as issued by the eShop) or for 0/0 (as issued by the network update servers for system titles and preinstalled titles at the factory).

Reactions: MelonGx and Arubaro
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol