ROM Hack Editing music in DokiDoki Majo Shinpan.

keeganator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I noticed today when I extracted Doki Doki Majo Shinpan with DSlazy, the background music was in .ADX format, which is convertible to other formats and back. This plugin for winamp lets you play the files. But the converters ADX2WAV and WAV2ADX don't work for me.

The voices and sound effects are in .AHX format and I'm trying to find converters for that.

go185

Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like im not the only one that was surprised at the music in this game
laugh.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow that is the second game I have seen that does not exclusively use the sdat spec (electroplankton uses standard wave streams).

Audio engineering at this level is not my strongpoint but there is a good chance you encountered a revised specification: all tools I know of play with the dreamcast which has far better sound that the DS.

I will take a look but I sense it is going to involve a lot of work.
http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=CRI_ADX_ADPCM may prove a good starting point.

keeganator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok I have found out more about this game. If you use the program Tahaxan you can look at most of the graphics and export them, I don't know if you can import them though...

EDIT: Most of the .dat files in the rom are in a folder called "Script", if the creator of this program ends up making this editable, it may lead to a fan translation.

nruri

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If anyone is interested in helping translate this particular game I'm trying to get a team of people together to translate the game into English.
I have already been able to change most of the Characters names and some dialogs. I lack knowledge in ROM hacking so I'm in need of people that can assist in this area. If interested check out http://shinai.nyaatorrents.org/

keeganator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
OK, I just installed a program called EmEditor and that let me open the .dat files. Inside the files was Japanese text, so if I translate that and put it back in, we can translate the game.

Here's some of the text:
Code:
3 B  B2  ( ` Â Â? Â]6 % H?????????????????????????????????? Â b ,?????????????????????0???????????????????????

X?????????????????????????????????????????????????…??

R???????????????????????????????????????b Â:?????????????…??????????????(???????????????????

N?????????????????????????????????????
Â

? + Âw 

nruri

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah we're ahead of you. but there is a problem you can't just write the text in there. If you have too many letters inserted it will crash the game, or it will not display the text and other weird problems.

I have already got the names translated, as well as the first dialogue alone with the options.

I haven't really moved forward much due to lack of support.

EDIT: Process would be a lot faster if I could run this on an emulator instead of having to load it on a flash cart all the time.

silentreapr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
QUOTE said:
Suspects

Maho Akai
  14 years old. She has pigtails. She is in the cheerleading club.
Maria Abe
  14 years old. She is a Meganekko daughter. The crystal-ball fortune-telling is her unique skill.
Renge Oda
  13 years old. She likes retro games. Her most prized possession is 'Athens' on the Nintendo Entertainment System (with cassette tape). Which is a clear reference to SNK.
Yuuma Mochizuki
  13 years old. He takes everything too serious and gets injured all the time.
Ayame Midoh
  15 years old. She is the only daughter of Shinto shrine. She is also the maiden of the shrine.
Merry Watabiki
  12 years old. She is always wearing a rabbit costume.

Yeah.. I agree with that. I will be very very surprised if this game makes it to US shores. Even if it did, it'd probably be a very dumbed down version that's heavily modified and not really worth playing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: These cotton candy grapes be pretty addictive