I can change this?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
There's times where we post a message... nobody answers... then we post to bump it, and someone decides to look at it, and what do they tell us? NO DOUBLE-POSTING! but I say... WHY? There's no way to get attention to your post if you edit it, because it won't be bumped to the 10 recent... so editing will get less attention than double-posting. So why not make an option where we can check a box when we edit a message, to bump the whole topic? It would save us from the needless double-post bump thing.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
Ehh... double posting and bumping are two different things. If the thread has zero replies and isn't on the first page and you still need advice, then a second post is allowed. Double posting cant really be called double posting when the user hasn't posted in the same topic for a while... double posting is like a)posting the same post twice at the same time b)post something else like an hour later or so...

Hope that helps =). Oh, and I think there should be a bump button, it saves peopole complaining your post is wasted and ur post count is higher...

Puck The Joker

Puck, The Arrogant Phuck
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Here's a bit of wisdom for you, people actually look at more than just the last 10 posts. In regards to bumping, you should not be bumping a topic unless it has been dead for atleast 12 hours.

mynimal

Kyoji sux.
Trophies
Website
www.mynimalistic.net
XP
Country
I think a bump button would make the latest 10 topics box go crazy.
wink2.gif
How about when this forum goes 2.0 they install the antibump script. It merges posts made 2+ in a row, not sure if it bumps or not though. It might, since it's technically posting twice.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't even look at the 10 topics box; I view all the new threads to see what's going on. If there's one thing this place isn't, it's GameFAQ's - keep 'bumping' away from here.

Luse

Now with more MOOSE!!!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The reason "bumping "exists on, say GameFAQs, is that they delete topics if nobody posts in them after a few days, that's not done here....

SO, no need to bump...

I didn't know people used the 10 ten on the portal... :Puzzled:

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The reason "bumping "exists on, say GameFAQs, is that they delete topics if nobody posts in them after a few days, that's not done here....

SO, no need to bump...

I didn't know people used the 10 ten on the portal... :Puzzled:
Actually that's probably what most people here do.
Just look at releases, look at the last 10 posts, then post a few thoughts in them.
If you don't believe me we could have a poll on this.

phuzzz

Hooha!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here's a bit of wisdom for you, people actually look at more than just the last 10 posts. In regards to bumping, you should not be bumping a topic unless it has been dead for atleast 12 hours.
Those were my thoughts exactly when I saw the first post. There's no need to bump to keep it in the top 10. Only bump if dead for at least 12 hours. I'd even go so far as to say a whole day.

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Personally, I think not enough people use the View New Posts link. Top right of any forum page, portal included. One click, insta-search for any forum post made since you last clicked.

Wonderful way of seeing what's gone on around the place after a day of classes.

-Tempest out.-

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
12 HOURS?!?

Woah.. I waited until it was on the second page, which was 4 days later!! I always thought waiting til it was on the second page was the rules here, because I always believed that was forum etiquette,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*