Nightcat

OP
Trophies
Website
nightc.at
XP
Country
United States
It is no longer possible for low-level users to edit their profile details or signature due to links in them commonly being used for gaming search engine rankings. Fair enough, but why isn’t this information conveyed to the user anywhere? I poked around my profile and settings for 15 minutes trying to find where the option went and I got so frustrated it gave me a migraine.

I did some testing and normally when users can’t edit their profile on XenForo, they see “Your full account details are not currently editable.” in the account details settings. Despite using XenForo, this message is somehow not present on GBAtemp. This is poor UX, especially for lurkers like me who have previously set stuff (I also can’t remove outdated information about myself, but that’s a separate issue). This message should be added so nobody in the history of the world ever has a migraine again (a bold claim, I know).

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's not too hard to make 10 posts in Forum Threads (other than EOF because those doesn't add up yo your post count) and it's an anti-spam measure.

Of course it might be "inconvenient" but you're not the only one affected. There's thousands of new users that joined many years ago and still are newbies.

If you don't plan to stay that long to get the "member rank" then why did you became a patron? Just saying, if you're already making the effort, might as well follow the rules of the forum.

Last edited by JuanMena,

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not too hard to make 10 posts in Forum Threads (other than EOF because those doesn't add up yo your post count) and it's an anti-spam measure.

Of course it might be "inconvenient" but you're not the only one affected. There's thousands of new users that joined many years ago and still are newbies.

If you don't plan to stay that long to get the "member rank" then why did you became a patron? Just saying, if you're already making the effort, might as well follow the rules of the forum.

The complaint isn't so much about the existence of the restriction, as much as it is about the forum not informing you about this restriction. However,
This information is communicated to users through the welcome PM

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.