Hacking EDGE or CYCLO DS Evolution (depends on the comp list)

gurtifus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi all,

I want to change my M3 Real for a Cyclo DS Evo or an Edge.
I want the best compatible card.

For example :
I heard that Dragon Quest V works on EDGE without patching the rom or using the "Anti-piracy bypass cheat".
But is it the same for Cyclo DS ? Someone can tell me if DQV works without patching or using the cheat ?

Which is the best for commercial roms ? Which runs more commercial roms without any problems ?

Thanks for your help.

Gurtifus

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IF you have the money get the Cyclo, if your short on cash get the EDGE
I prefer the Cyclo ROM compatibility is great. Updated frequently, Great staff, and hopefully a GUI update soon

NightWalker186

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
If I were you, I'd def. go with the CycloDS Evo. I have yet to come across a ROM that doesn't work, and do have a lot. And the anwser to your question is YES DQ-V Works perfectly fine on it also. Not to mention most of the homebrew I've put on my cyclo has worked also. Fire Emblem does too.
happy.gif

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, to be honest, I wouldn't go with CycloDS Evolution if you don't have the money or if you aren't using the extra features. Those extra features include: RealTimeSave, RealTimeGuide, Wii - DS Connection etc.

There is also... AceKard 2.1. It has very good compatibility (none so far) and it has an alternative firmware which is also very good. I haven't had any problems with it yet, so I would recommend it.

I know it was off topic, but go with the EDGE if you aren't going to use the CycloDS's extra features and/or you don't have the extra cash. Go with the CycloDS if you are going to use the extra features and/or have the extra cash.

==

I know it is mini modding but I can't stop to say this but... Use the EDIT BUTTON~! Don't double post, it just increases you post count for no reason, and the difference block was only 2 minutes too...

taken

Trophies
XP
Country
Go with the cyclo ds.

By the way starwars clone wars doesn't work with the cyclo ds evo or the edge card even with their firmware update.

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
gurtifus said:
Ok guys, thanks for all your advice.

But just a question, what's the In-game guide option ?

Gurtifus
It's exactly as it sounds. Find a guide in text format, put it onto your MicroSD and you'll be able to read it with this feature. It's quite helpful with certain games (especially Phoenix Wright).

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just so you know, the AceKard 2.1 /w AKAIO v1.14 Firmware does load StarWars CloneWars: Jedi Alliance. I think this just shows that the AceKard has better compatibility then the CycloDS or EDGE.

So far, no problems. So Gurtifus, if you don't need any of those extra features like In-Game Guide, go with the AceKard 2.1 and then use AKAIO firmware. Best one out there...

hvyarms13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got StarWars CloneWars: Jedi Alliance to work on the DS with my cyclo evolution. I dont play this just wanted to see if it work so i got it a couple of minutes ago and it seem fine to me. I played it for awhile and everything ok

v1.54B2

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think it might be because he doesn't like the GUI/OS.

I think he should just try the Sakura firmware. Unless he already has, or his M3Real just doesn't have the best compatibility.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
adjcn said:
Go with the CycloDS Evolution.
OBJECTION~! You can't just tell him/her to get a certain flashcart just because you say so. Back it up with a reason~!

taken said:
QUOTE(Splych @ Mar 3 2009, 12:58 AM) Leme try it with the AceKard 2.1 and will give you feed back if it does work. And it is the StarWars CloneWars: Jedi Alliance right?
yes
Tested, and works perfectly for me. Using an AceKard 2.1 (/w a Black PCB) and AKAIO 1.14 Firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I loved the rc pro am games
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @SylverReZ, RC Pro AM was made by Rare, and that explains why I liked it. Just learned the other day about a game I loved that was made by Rare and I was surprised lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was playing need for speed remastered and said to myself this is a nice Forza remaster
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_developed_by_Rare Not all of them are awesome but man the hits on that list.
    Oh snap Super Offroad was by them too? lol damn
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Today I learned that the creators of the Donkey Kong games also made Sea of Thieves
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why do i feel the sudden urge to start singing pirate's scorn from the donkey kong country cartoon?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you being for real, cause that's hard to believe, DK is Nintendo and made in japan, Sea of thieves was from Microsoft, in America. I'm not calling you a liar, just didn't know.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yes they were both made by Rare, but DK was from Rare back then, Rare now is owned by MS. So makes since.
    +1
    They even developed a LJN game.... lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was pretty rare
    I wonder what deal with Satan LJN worked to get Rare to make that one...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember couple years ago, they announced they were working on a Perfect Dark remake, wonder what ever happen with that?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It went into the darkness
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and buddies used to play the hell out of Perfect Dark on N64, that and Goldeneye, was the first real PvP shooter games I remember
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    4-way split screen on a tiny 19" TV, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you share joysticks also
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh we had the 4 controller add on thingy for n64. Duh I just got your joke, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So you touched ends
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, but being in the boy scouts, they forced us to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chopped down some wood for the scout master
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Big Gay Al was our Scout leader.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was actually in the scouts for 1 week, til they assigned me homework, n I was like f this, and quit, I was like 10 yrs old.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I was actually in the scouts for 1 week, til they assigned me homework, n I was like f this, and...