eBay

Man18

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you ever had a seller remove a listing, repost for a higher price? I was going to get something then it was removed and the guy doubled the price. I bid the lowest poss bid then it got closed, I was looking for the same thing then I found the same user selling it for twice the price. I was willing to rebid then someone keeps out bidding me so im going to wait till the last minute and out bit the other guy to get it.

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ScuberSteve said:
sniping bastard.
Auction sniping should not affect a rational bidder, since a rational bidder would enter his maximum willingness to pay on his first bid.

Other people bidding at last minute shouldn't really matter.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If you don't want snipers and shill bidders, become a sniper yourself.
I usually put items on watch list and bookmark it. Put up a bid amount a rational bidder would (read martin88's post) and I'll very probably end up winning the item for cheaper than bidding early.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sniping is the way to go. I only snipe. I don't understand people who bid before the last day. There is no point

cosmo2389

Trophies
Website
www.myotaku.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
If you don't want snipers and shill bidders, become a sniper yourself.

Exactly, that is the only way to win on eBay and still get what you want for a decent price. Otherwise you put in your max early, then get outbid and you end up losing the item to someone who is (usually) paying way more than it is worth.

Man18

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bumping for new incident.

Current ebay bidder may be a bot/program because ill post a bid and in the same second im outbid by the same guy. Right now im trying to make him pay $.20 under the Buy It Now price just to fuck with the guy.

Its either the seller trying to get more cash or someone seems to really want me to pay more cash. today is the last day and the first time I was outbid on it. Today is my last ebay transaction because of this bull shit. If it was an actual user and not just some asshole then I would gladly keep bidding or just buy it now.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
R4man18 said:

Current ebay bidder may be a bot/program because ill post a bid and in the same second im outbid by the same guy. Right now im trying to make him pay $.20 under the Buy It Now price just to fuck with the guy.

Its either the seller trying to get more cash or someone seems to really want me to pay more cash. today is the last day and the first time I was outbid on it. Today is my last ebay transaction because of this bull shit. If it was an actual user and not just some asshole then I would gladly keep bidding or just buy it now.

or he just bidded a high price, your bidding a lower price so ebay sees that and places a new bid for the guy.

Thats how ebay works
wink.gif

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
R4man18 said:

No. When someone posts their maximum bid (say, $20) ebay will not bid that much. it will bid $.20-$.50 over the previous bid, and leave it there until someone bids higher. Then it will over that bid by however much the increment is, and it will keep doing that until it hits $20.
This makes it appear to be a bot, but it's supposed to happen.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
R4man18 said:

People always think that, but this is exactly what happens when somebody sets a maximum bid - when they are outbid, the system automatically increases to put them in the lead, up to their maximum.

Man18

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He keeps bidding my max not a little above me.

Like if my max was $5 and the bid was $3.5 you cant bid below the max of the other cat you can do a 5.30 bid and it may even out to the next lowest over but he is still going over.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm on eBay Live Support now cause my listing's pictures are fucked up, and I'm pissed. I want to link the girl to the browser-jacking rickroll disguised as a .png on my site.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If two people bid same max amount, the one who bid before has priority. So if you're the late bidder, the previous bidder's bid will match your bid and still outbid you.

You can't manually match other people's bids because of that. The minimum ebay allows you to enter is greater than previous person's bid.

But for auto-bids, there IS an increment like 50 cents and 1 dollar and such. (Related to current bid amount I think)

If he keeps exactly matching your bid, and you think it's fishy, ask ebay directly.

deathfisaro( 7 ) US $31.00 12-Jul-08 17:11:07 EDT

Man18

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the min I can bet is his max bid at the moment. I go max bid he goes max bid ect.

To be a dick I just made a guy bid double what his orig bid was... its funny to me.

it wasnt like I bid 20 times and he bid once it was I would bid like twice and he would bid once out of 12 bids I did 7

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least +1