eBay, selling high value item how do you avoid being scammed?

wolfmankurd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you have lower margins then you're vulnerable to bring scammed or just anything going wrong. You need to balance all the numbers and decide if it is worthwhile even being in the business you're in.

That's the thing it's not. This is purely a hobby. If I factor in hours spent that I could have spent working it's a big fat red in any accounting book.

But I like refurbing consoles and customizing them and I need someplace for them to go haha. Having what I consider my "artwork" stolen is what stings the most.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
That's the thing it's not. This is purely a hobby. If I factor in hours spent that I could have spent working it's a big fat red in any accounting book.

But I like refurbing consoles and customizing them and I need someplace for them to go haha. Having what I consider my "artwork" stolen is what stings the most.
Probably better to just sell locally then - that way you can take cash and there is no risk. Plus all your designs will go to a good home, not any nasty people trying to get something for free :-)

Reactions: wolfmankurd

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are afraid of getting bricks or nothing in return for the refund then the buyer claims you took it out/replaced it you can get a cop to be with you when the package arrives and open it in front of them. If you were scammed the police can deal with the scammer and get your item/money back.
Trust @Quantumcat on this. The cop will most likely say it is out of their jurisdiction and cannot do anything. They may go as far as telling you that you must present the case over to the buyer's location.

Bitchplease

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Have a picture/ or better a movie of the exact weight of the product and the packaging and combined, wrap it up weigh again! And send it through a postal service that weighs when they scan it!! Make sure they do.

If they send it back film again unopened and weigh it! This has worked wonders in a PayPal claim a
Friend had. The weight was very different, they sided with the seller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT