EBA - Spinwheel

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by inovermyheadd, Feb 13, 2007.

Feb 13, 2007

EBA - Spinwheel by inovermyheadd at 1:56 AM (2,349 Views / 0 Likes) 31 replies

1. inovermyheadd
    OP

Newcomer inovermyheadd Member

Question: I've been playing some heavy EBA and just recently read about the spinning wheel and how it damages screens. haha, after reading this I have been way careful, and as a result, suck at the spinwheel now.

Do you think a screen protector is sufficent protection from the notorious EBA spinwheel?

I have had a protector on my screen since day one (paranoia caused by heavy PDA use) so is it enough??????

Just wondering.

Thanks guys,

Don

2. BoneMonkey

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States
    everytime i play with my nds i get lots of scratchs and everything on the screen but use a offical nintendo cleaner and it goes away

are these the scratchs your talkign about i beat eba and i got no scratchs

3. 2cb2ct7

Member 2cb2ct7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    EBA is just asking for a shorter screen life [​IMG]

4. OrR

Member OrR Rice-megatron Expert

Germany
    I just bought a new touchscreen digitizer because I can't do the difficult spinwheels on my old one anymore... [​IMG] I'll get screen protectors, no idea if they help. I didn't use any until now.

5. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    Just finished the game 10 minutes ago, and there's not a touch on my screen [​IMG] I'm very careful

6. Sigma83

Newcomer Sigma83 Advanced Member

Canada
    It definitely did result in some scratches on my screen, but tis really only noticeable if you shut the DS off and thelight reflects perfectly off the screen.

7. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    Actually I'll mention this for the UK people, I believe that if you buy your DS from Argos, and get 3 years insurance on it (around £15) then if it breaks within that time period you can get it replaced for nothing (or they give you the value of the item in cash). Once you get your new DS you can add insurance onto it again, meaning that each time you break the DS you only have to pay £15 each time for a new one [​IMG]

8. Kurai

Member Kurai GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    :'( Ive got a circle scartch on mine. lets just say i got abit carried away on the lsat level. my fault really not the games, I just get to enthusastic with it. lol

9. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    Got plenty of scratches from eba and ouendan. That's why the first thing I put on all my portable systems with a lcd is a screen protector, in this case hori and it's worked out perfectly. I don't buy the whole shortening of the screen life from playing these games, the system is built to take the abuse and unless you want to see your DS lites perfect 10 years down the road, it really makes no difference.

10. kev3458

Member kev3458 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Scratches, if it gets serious, there's always Ebay [​IMG]

11. FuLei

Member FuLei GBAtemp Regular

United States
    haha do you think if i seriously messed mine up, nintendo would give me a new one? it is their game after all (and inis's).

12. crazyshiza

Member crazyshiza GBAtemp Regular

I messed up my screen by pressing too hard on the spinwheels. If I pressed it hard it would compress and make the screen fuzy under. So I used the warrenty to exchange it, now I'm more careful [​IMG]

13. KirbyPink

Member KirbyPink GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    [​IMG] EBA _<

First it´s Spin then click on screen spin click on screen spin then quick as hell do a drag that goes fast click click GAH!!!!!!

HEAAAAALLLPPP!!! 8D

Yeah, my touchscreen been taking some HEAVY damage from Eba but it works fine! And trust me, ive given it quite a touchy beating with my stylus.

14. science

Member science science rules

Canada
    I haven't played EBA, but from Ouendan if I would do the spinwheels too hard, I would hear this ugly noise from stylus on touchscreen, and the pixels whould get all weired like if you were to push on a laptop screen

15. JimmyJangles

Newcomer JimmyJangles Advanced Member

United States
    I didn't use a screen protector for a really long time and never scratched the screen when playing EBA or Ouendan. But then I got some Hori screen protectors just for some added insurance, and managed to put a big circle scratch on it first time I played EBA [​IMG] I guess the protectors technically did their job since it's better that they get scratched instead of the actual screen, but I figured they'd be a little more scratch resistant than that.

16. BoneMonkey

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States
    i think you guys are pressign down too hard

17. KirbyPink

Member KirbyPink GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    [​IMG] Well, Eba is a very repsonsive game, even tough as i said before, ive given the touchscreen such a beating, it still plays fine. [​IMG] I´m using a ds screen protector for my lite. Can be that as well.

18. - Wrath of God -

Member - Wrath of God - God

United States
    I actually broke my DS thanks to that game [​IMG] TWO days after my Best Buy warranty expired too... bastards

19. yee

Member yee DOTA 4EVER

Canada
    ^

Least your Nintendo warranty is still there, LOL

20. - Wrath of God -

Member - Wrath of God - God

United States
    Nintendo warranty only lasts a year right? well best buy lasts two years