Hacking Easy instructions.

xCuteBunnyx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,
My friend wants to get a flashcart and her younger sister who is like 7 just got a DS. My friend is REALLY BAD with computers and like technology challenged. So, she asked me to research which cart to get(I have CycloDS) Anyways, I think she should get an Acekard but, is it easy instructions? And does anyone have an easy step by step instructions or video? Also, she wants cheats too, so, does anyone have instructions on how to put cheats are Acekard? Sorry if this is asked multiple times. Since, I'm kind of lazy to do a lot of research for her. Lol.

Thanks!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i would not give an acekard to a 7yr old. i honestly would find an old batch r4. akaio and the official firmware have a learning curve. actually to be honest i wouldn't give a flash kit at all to anyone under 14, but well its not my kid. while the r4 is outdated it only has 3 buttons and its hard to screw up. the problem is anything you order will be a clone, unless you can find a dealer who is honest and has the old stock. doesn't the cyclo have straight forward use? acekard cheats are simple enough, its just dropping the right file in the right folder and then turning on cheats. but every game that needs the full ram to load will fail to run if cheats are enabled, same with softreset. so you have to turn off these patches per rom. akaio features wifi cheat update if you have a wifi access point. its point and wait, and works pretty well for most people - but not always for everyone.

-another world

xCuteBunnyx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah thanks.
I would tell her to get a DSTT then because I just dont like the mainstream R4's. Do you know if you do the DSTT or R4 wrong will it end up with a bricked DS?
Any easy instructions?

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i got my sister a dstt, and the only problems i had were when the ds just wouldnt load games like 1 month into ownership, and that was easily fixable by putting games into a folder simply titled games, its very kid friendly, as simple as scrolling and clicking on the game you want, cheats works well also

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would get an Acekard.

So long as she doesn't fiddle with the start options she can just scroll up and down to select a game.

R4 IMO is actually more difficult to use, Cyclo is too expensive and unnecessary and DSTT is really annoying to use (slow menu, and if you do want to use any extra options it's really fiddly)

So, as long as she doesn't use the start menu I'd say an Acekard would be the best (plus it's super cheap)

Even if she did fiddle with things the worse that could happen is that all/some of the data on the microSD is lost.

You CAN'T brick a DS without running specifically malicious code, of which there was only one (AFAIK) and is extremely rare. (You would have to deliberately search for it on the internet)

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i've been toying with all 3 firmwares and both ak kits -- they all have a learning curve. the r4 you drag/drop roms and click to load them... and it works. there are no crazy features, weird settings, patching issues, menu options, or manual save type setting needed. however, like i already said the r4 is no longer produced so while 98% of the first 2,400 roms will work, the amount after that will get less and less over time.

any flash kit has the potential to brick a ds. a falty design (the n5) or a falty solder job on the msd can and have bricked dses. while this probaby won't happen to you, it has happened.

-another world

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would also recommend the DSTT. Since it doesn't display folders, it's easy to use. Although, a 7-year-old might be able to use an AK2 or Edge (both of which display folders). If the child is rough on flash carts, the Edge is sturdier.

Here are some simple instructions for installing the DSTT menu:[*]Download the firmware here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2872[*]Unzip the firmware archive. It should have a file named TTMENU.DAT and a folder named TTMENU (which will contain a bunch of files). Drag TTMENU.DAT and the TTMENU folder onto your microSD card.[*]Make a new folder on your microSD card called "games."[*]Put one or two .nds files into the "games" folder.[*]Remove the microSD card from your PC. Make sure you always use the "safely remove hardware" to remove the microSD card.[*]Insert your DSTT into your NDS. Insert the microSD into your DSTT. You should get to a menu with your games in it. Click on a game to run it.-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉