Hardware Easy Flash IV Reform Re-Shell

Bazahazano

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not pretty but perfectly fits just like a regular cartridge. The reform damaged the pins on one my AGB-001's and I was fed up with the tight fit so I thought I would try this out. I just hacked it all out with a pair of wire cutters! You can't see it anyway when it in the GBA.

https://imgur.com/gallery/VAUHM

IMG_20180202_231338.jpg IMG_20180202_232355.jpg IMG_20180202_232142.jpg IMG_20180202_232213.jpg

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Bazahazano

Bazahazano

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The pins getting damaged might be related to the thickness of the PCB, which this wouldn't solve.
And man is that an ugly mod
The pcb sits lower in this original cartridge:P Its fits into cartridge slot like any normal cartridge.:P

The reform cartridge is a terrible fit way too tight and it damaged my GBA's cartridge slot.

Yes it is very ugly mod ,but I was just trying out my idea. When it's in the GBA it's hidden so does not really matter.

Try yourself.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The pcb sits lower in this original cartridge:P Its fits into cartridge slot like any normal cartridge.:P

The reform cartridge is a terrible fit way too tight and it damaged my GBA's cartridge slot.

Yes it is very ugly mod ,but I was just trying out my idea. When it's in the GBA it's hidden so does not really matter.

Try yourself.
I see. I had an original EZ4 and didn't have much problem with it, seemed to fit just fine. I haven't tried the newer one though.
I also had an EZ3-in-1 and that one seemed to be a bit of a tight fit, but I never had any problems with it.
That is a concern I have with some DS flashcarts though. The DSTWO for example is really tight in the slot. It hasn't damaged my slot yet so I don't think it will, as I've had it for a long time, but it is something that worries me whenever I eject or insert it.

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Good idea, I do the same to my reform, one time it stuck in my gba because the poor shell construction.

Last edited by JCR1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse