Hacking Easiest way to boot Gamecube backups on SD Boot?

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhhh, I need help booting Gamecube ISOs from my SD Boot. What do I need? How do I start? I have the adapter and the SD card for it, but what cMIOS do I need? Do I need Neo Gamma? Do I need a Gamecube controller? My Wii is a D3-2 if that helps anything.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You need a gamecube homebrew compatible cMIOS. The recommend cMIOS for NeoGamma should do it fine.

Then you need a way to boot GC .dols with that cMIOS. NeoGamma in GC mode external, the SD-Boot .dol as sd/NeoGamma/GC.dol on a sd card in the wii's sd card slot, and a retail GC disc in the drive should do it. Or just use some GC homebrew launcher, which still requires the cMIOS, but might be easier to use. Also with a GC homebrew launcher it should work with a retail wii disc in the drive too.

But don't ask me about the .iso format you need, or if the .isos need to be defragmented.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right on, thanks WP!
smile.gif
Damn! I need to find a disk now...
frown.gif

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Krestent said:
gamefreak94 said:
could you run GC isos on a USB HDD?
Could you please search that? That is impossible, as everything that exists on the Wii but not on the GC is blocked out in GC mode. THis is one of those questions that we get tired of hearing.
Didn't someone just create a DIOS mIOS for GC loading?

EDIT: Sorry i read the title wrong thinking he booted a GC ISO off his SD card.

Edit 2: http://gbatemp.net/t264872-dios-mios-relea...p;#entry3265279 Hmmm.... I guess it isn't impossible after all huh? I think someone owes me an apology XD

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gamefreak94 said:
Krestent said:
gamefreak94 said:
could you run GC isos on a USB HDD?
Could you please search that? That is impossible, as everything that exists on the Wii but not on the GC is blocked out in GC mode. THis is one of those questions that we get tired of hearing.
Didn't someone just create a DIOS mIOS for GC loading?

EDIT: Sorry i read the title wrong thinking he booted a GC ISO off his SD card.

Edit 2: http://gbatemp.net/t264872-dios-mios-relea...p;#entry3265279 Hmmm.... I guess it isn't impossible after all huh? I think someone owes me an apology XD
I posted that, then immediately remembered about that. I guess it's been drilled into me to reply that it's impossible to do so every time someone asks about GC USB Loading.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins