Easiest repair?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by auswe, Feb 12, 2010.

Feb 12, 2010

Easiest repair? by auswe at 1:07 PM (613 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. auswe
    OP

Newcomer auswe Newbie

Norway
    Hello, new to forum.

Tried to search but did not find answer on this one.

I have to broken nintendo ds lite consoles.

One of the the mainboard is broken, got it back from Nintendo repair without they repairing (to costly). (Silver colour)

The other one, top (upper) screen is broken, ie only white screen with ink dots. (Green colour).

I have as I see , three options:

1. Take apart the silver dslite and take out the upper screen. Open the green dslite and exchange the screens.
    2. Take apart the green dslite and take out the mainboard. Open the silver dslite and exchange the motherboard.
    3. The easiest, as it seem, is to use the bottom half on the green nds lite and use the upper half on the silver nds lite.

For the operation I will use your guide here along the youtube videos.

My questions;

What is the best option?
    Will alternative 3 work in theory?

Thanks for a good forum.

Best Regards
    auswe

2. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    I'd swap the motherboards, because you wont have to mess around with the top half.

3. arecus2000

Member arecus2000 GBAtemp Regular

India
    I would by a new DS instead of breaking my head or us e a secondhand which is not spoilt

4. auswe
    OP

Newcomer auswe Newbie

Norway
    Thanks, I'll try that.

5. computarman

Newcomer computarman Member

United States
    Option 3 sounds like the easiest. Replacing the top screen really is not that bad once you learn to roll the top screen ribbon cable to get it through the metal ring of the hinge. However why mess with the top screen if you can avoid it. Be gentle with the bottom screen when you are moving the motherboard and bottom screen assembly around. Just be careful about letting the bottom screen hang loose which will put strain on the touchscreen ribbon cable. Because whatever you do, you don't want to pull the touchscreen ribbon cable loose. Messing with touchscreen ribbon cables and connectors is extremely delicate and and the cable and connector are very small and delicate. Not for the faint of heart. The latch on th connector breaks very easily. Good luck.