airpirate545

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When I ooted up CT in snemulds and pressed start after Chrono is controllable, I get a black screen instead of a menu screen. But after i press stat again, I'm right ack in the bedroom. Any way to fix this. Also wanted to ask how Earthound played in snemulds and which version plays it best.

EDIT: LOL,I found out CT's menu is accessed using X not START. So what does START do then o.o . Also, I've heard snemulds0.5b runs CT better, Is this true?

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in the middle of Earthbound on my DS via snemulds (0.6) and its running rather smooth. The only thing is that you'll have to mess around with turning on and off layers during boss battles. The wavy animated background is on the foreground on the emulator... but only for bosses. Its a simple enough work around (when the battle starts, just open up the graphics options on the bottom screen and remember the numbers, and start setting the layers to different places, turn them on and off, and when you find something that works, just keep it like that until the battle is done, then reset the numbers.)

Oh, and save states get fucked up (try to reload a save state, and it locks up upon entering the first battle after the save state). I think thats a general problem in the program though.

suprneb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what are the best settings for CT on snemulds 0.6?

sometimes the dialogue in the little text boxes still stay and is just literally 'overwritten' by the new text, and if there are only 2 lines of speech following say 3 lines, the 3rd line of the first speech is still tehre (anyone else have the same problem)? do i need to squish or unsquish the screen resolution or something?

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
suprneb said:

sometimes the dialogue in the little text boxes still stay and is just literally 'overwritten' by the new text, and if there are only 2 lines of speech following say 3 lines, the 3rd line of the first speech is still tehre (anyone else have the same problem)? do i need to squish or unsquish the screen resolution or something?
Theres no "best settings" each game is different. SnemulDS has problems with layering right now and doesn't have a perfect layer auto detection. So sometimes, it gets them wrong and you have to manually tweak them. So basically the settings need to be tweaked on a game t game basis.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narin said:
suprneb said:

Theres no "best settings" each game is different. SnemulDS has problems with layering right now and doesn't have a perfect layer auto detection. So sometimes, it gets them wrong and you have to manually tweak them. So basically the settings need to be tweaked on a game t game basis.

Thats what i've been doing. As a matter of fact, for both CT and EB, i tweak settings as i play. Different screens have different layouts, and randomly something is missing or moved to a weird place or what not, so i'm constantly fiddling with the gfx settings. It's a very minor inconvenience in my mind, i mean to be able to play those amazing games on the go heh. And as well, as work is done on it, it'll get cleaner and cleaner.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1