• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

EA worst company in america?

VampireLordAlucard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really understand why EA is so high on this list. Sure, they make decisions unpopular for gamers, but does that make them a bad company?

I think a bad company treats their employers poorly, participates in unethical business practices, and screws their customers. I don't think unpopular DRM, and trying to compete with Steam falls into any of these categories.. but that's just me.

BUT OH LAWDY EA GIVES US SHITTY COPYWRITE PROTECTIONS AND ONLINE PASSES THE WORLDS GONNA END!
EA is much more than that, the treat customers like shit, giving us DLC at day one and shutting down servers, they've killed of a number of developer studios, etc.

Oh and Origin. Piss poor digital distribution and piss poor customer service, you never really know when you'll be banned from Origin and your games.

Terrible working conditions for employers?
Unethical business practices?
..or day 1 DLC?

Priorities, man..

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GE MONEY BANK HURR HURR HURR.

EA is pretty bad when it comes to gaming, I don't really like their approach on sales or game development, but i'd hardly take that as being the WORST company in America.

Whenever I am in the states I usually hear people complaining about AT&T, Wal-Mart, GEMB & Gamestop. Now are any of them the worst company in the US or are people just complaining because of their personal experience? I can't say since I am Australian. I do have a strong dislike towards Gamestop, but that's my local experience coming up there :)

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm, BoA, EA, WM, and FB are all bad company's Imo.
BoA, fuck's everybody (like every bank)
WM, (don't know it as I am a european) screws employees.
EA, Just fucks gamers with BS rules and the option to take all your games away from you.
FB, Privacy is their profit :/ (funny I didn't see Linkedin in the list, as it is almost worse than FB)

They all deserve the price.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I reckon Capcom are far far far worse than EA, they're the true shitbags of the gaming industry and they don't publish as many great games nowadays either. At least EA decides to cancel a game before telling the world about it.

In fact most of what EA does is being done by many companies anyway, just that those aren't scrutinised or as closely watched. Sure as far as game companies go they're pretty low in some of the things they do behind the scenes though no more worse than Activision but still compared to the none big businesses that were listed on this thing, they're fucking saintly.

Reactions: 1 person

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not American, so I don't have a lot of knowledge on all those companys, but from experience, EA are.
I find them controlling, restrictive, soulless, greedy rip-off merchants, and they need to change.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :shy::blush: +1