EA reaffirms that Dragon Age 4 will be "single-player focused," more info to come next year

da-day-blog.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

December 4 is EA's official Dragon Age Day, adopted after fans started celebrating it in 2018, where they gather fans to raise money for charity, share short stories set in the Dragon Age universe and post fanart on social media. However, this year's blog post also made mention of the forthcoming installment in the long-dormant franchise (the last Dragon Age released in 2014). "Speaking of building new worlds and stories for you to explore, we want to let you all know that we're still hard at work on building the next single-player focused experience for Dragon Age," the brief mention begins. "We're excited for next year when we can talk more about what we're working on."

This is the first confirmation we've had of a rumour that circulated in February, that Dragon Age 4 was originally planned to follow a Games as a Service model, but was being retooled as a single-player RPG after the failure of Anthem and the success of Jedi: Fallen Order. Dragon Age 4's development has always been rocky, reportedly starting in 2015 before being cancelled in 2017, then restarted again in 2018. A number of high-profile staff have also left during that time, most recently, the Creative Director on Dragon Age 4 quit only two weeks ago.

:arrow: Source

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve never played the series, but the more single player games the better. When you get to be an old fart and there’s a crap ton of things taking up your time, it’s good to be able to just slap on a single player game when you get some rare free time - you don’t have to worry about being crap and getting your arse handed to you online :D

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I’ve never played the series, but the more single player games the better. When you get to be an old fart and there’s a crap ton of things taking up your time, it’s good to be able to just slap on a single player game when you get some rare free time - you don’t have to worry about being crap and getting your arse handed to you online :D
...and having 7 y/o kids yelling at you "I FUCKED YOUR MOTHER" "YES I DID"

jornthree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to have faith this will be a clean game. But with EA's track record, that may not be thew case. Though EA have been slowing down slightly on their games as a service bullshit ever since BF2, NFS Heat is a good example of a non service based game recently, so it's not impossible.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'll be single player focused, in the terms of getting said single player narrative to devolve into "biggest jackass wins" multiplayer; or demanding $$$$+ in loot boxes to even pass the tutorial.

SpazzyShinobi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a huge Dragon Age fan and I have been waiting for DA4 for years. If this was EA from 2016, I would be concerned; however, Jedi Fallen Order has made me warily optimistic that DA4 could be good. I will remain hopeful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro