EA reaffirms that Dragon Age 4 will be "single-player focused," more info to come next year

da-day-blog.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

December 4 is EA's official Dragon Age Day, adopted after fans started celebrating it in 2018, where they gather fans to raise money for charity, share short stories set in the Dragon Age universe and post fanart on social media. However, this year's blog post also made mention of the forthcoming installment in the long-dormant franchise (the last Dragon Age released in 2014). "Speaking of building new worlds and stories for you to explore, we want to let you all know that we're still hard at work on building the next single-player focused experience for Dragon Age," the brief mention begins. "We're excited for next year when we can talk more about what we're working on."

This is the first confirmation we've had of a rumour that circulated in February, that Dragon Age 4 was originally planned to follow a Games as a Service model, but was being retooled as a single-player RPG after the failure of Anthem and the success of Jedi: Fallen Order. Dragon Age 4's development has always been rocky, reportedly starting in 2015 before being cancelled in 2017, then restarted again in 2018. A number of high-profile staff have also left during that time, most recently, the Creative Director on Dragon Age 4 quit only two weeks ago.

:arrow: Source

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I won't bet anything, as Dragon Age has been quite well represented.
If it is single player, that's great. At least we know that whatever dlc is mostly item packs, armor packs and all assortments to make life easier to people not used to these type of games.

Sometimes, a dlc comes along with new dungeons, adventures or ways to expand the adventure.

And that's fine by me.

diggeloid

Alex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My hopes are officially high now. I know it's risky, but I've had my hopes crushed so many times in recent history that I've become hardened to it. If this does turn out to be shitty, I'll probably only cry for like a day, maybe two.

• Haha
Reactions: Xzi

MasterPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
EA to the Gamers :
"It's AAALL single player! Promise!"

Also EA but to the Developers :
"Listen B*TCH! Make that shit Live Service with a Battle Pass by patch 1.2 or your studio can join our graveyard!!"

Reactions: Xzi and Y0shII

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So this means this game will be a single player game at launch but may later turn into a game as a service game. Regardless, like the other guys here, they will be putting a lot microtransactions either from the get-go or some time later.

Holybond

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm truly baffled and intrigued about how people even stay "cautiously" optimistic about franchises such as these that have been dragged through the mud and have dismantled any sort of good will towards the fanbase.

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Why even bother, they've all been hot garbage since Origins. And the only reason that one was good was because EA didn't finalize the buyout of Bioware until after development had finished.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...