Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BMfqWsw.jpg

To paraphrase a brave man, "It was Time Warner to split."

In the narrowest margin of victory since 2011, when BP beat Bank of America for the WCIA by less than one percent, Time Warner Cable upset EA’s attempt at a three-peat by eking out 51.2% of the vote.

Despite its cock-up of the Battlefield 4 and Titanfall releases, EA just didn’t have the all-out support that it had received in the previous two tournaments. And while Time Warner Cable has always merited a spot in the WCIA brackets, the company’s pending merger with former WCIA champ Comcast undoubtedly played into readers’ voting decisions. Judging by the absolute crushing that Comcast brought down on Yahoo in its first round match, there is a lot of hatred out there for the nation’s largest cable/Internet provider, and today’s TWC result confirms that voters are more than happy to spread that hate around.
:arrow:Consumerist
[prebreak]Continue Reading[/prebreak]
Remember, you shouldn't take this too seriously. These polls are basically an anti-popularity contest, so it's not like they mean much. For as many dumb moves as EA has made in the past, it's silly to even consider rating them below companies like, say, Bank of America. But hey, there's the bandwagon effect for you.

Anyway... Good night, sweet poop prince. :cry:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
To me it was never the worst company in America to begin with, but you know how it is with Internet polls (I do believe the one in which it was originally picked as the worst was one of those). With companies like Wal-Mart which downright exploit their workers who get minimum wage for ridiculous working hours, the sheer inclusion of EA on the list was a huge mystery to me. Business policies of EA may be pretty debatable, but at the end of the day, they're far, far from the "loathsome" mark, at least in my opinion.

And now it's time for an interesting .gif to spice things up:

tumblr_m7flwyTQv51qgu7bjo1_500.gif

Electonic Atrocities: Officially Worse Than Mecha Hitler™

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
With companies like Wal-Mart which downright exploit their workers who get minimum wage for ridiculous working hours, the sheer inclusion of EA on the list was a huge mystery to me.
I thought it was the "worst towards the customers" poll, not "worst towards their workers".

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i currently have time warner and i used comcast growing up as a kid. never had an issue. time warner actually provides a lot of stuff with what you pay for. people just dont think its of any value. buuuuttt take it away and they will then complain its gone. most people take this kind of stuff for granted. im sure comcast isnt that bad.

ea on the other hand has done some scummy things to their paying customers.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
for most people, Petrol is evil and Banks are evil. Any brand that "defeats" a bank or a petrol company probabilly did some shit few days before the "election". EA has did it with DRM polices at that time, but now it did nothing new, so it not called attention from the "voters".

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Weren't they merging or something?

No, Comcast is trying to buy them, which should really be stopped because they are about to become a monopoly. I've had both Comcast and Time Warner and honestly Time Warner is bad and pretty lazy, Comcast is like 10X worse. Not to mention Comcast has to be the king of hidden fees. I am being charged for the Facebook App on my cable box, not only do I not use it, I can't use. It crashes my box if I even try and it's been a feature for over a year with no repair.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
>BP
>British Petroleum
>Company headquartered in London

Worst company in America.

Okay.

You had a war with us like a million light years ago(i know, light years is distance but like what everz).. but GODDAMN IT we gave "Freedom" to Iraq together. GET OVER IT.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, Comcast is trying to buy them, which should really be stopped because they are about to become a monopoly. I've had both Comcast and Time Warner and honestly Time Warner is bad and pretty lazy, Comcast is like 10X worse. Not to mention Comcast has to be the king of hidden fees. I am being charged for the Facebook App on my cable box, not only do I not use it, I can't use. It crashes my box if I even try and it's been a feature for over a year with no repair.
Don't they already each have their own regions of monopoly? All this would do is make one company have a larger region of monopoly instead of two companies having monopolies in different regions.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Don't they already each have their own regions of monopoly? All this would do is make one company have a larger region of monopoly instead of two companies having monopolies in different regions.

Kinda, but that would leave only two cable companies in America and allow Comcast to basically dominate most of that market. I am highly doubting Cox Communications will even stand a chance if they are allowed to buy out Time Warner.
Not to mention they are complete dick
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Comcast

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-